DjangoBooks.com

Djypsy Djazz Djam Night Birmingham

pinkgarypinkgary ✭✭✭
edited July 2009 in Europe Posts: 282
Hi all,

I've been trying to sort this out for a while, & hopefully have now..A new Gypsy Jazz Jam night will start on the 7th of July at La Bastille restaurant on Corporation St, Birmingham. Check out the venue here:

www.labastille.co.uk

They have a wide selection of Continental beers, & house wine is only a tenner..

It's free in, will start at 7pm, but don't feel to need to be prompt, turn up when you can.

It will be hosted by the lovely "Playing" Django, who are:

Gary Williams: Melodic Guitar
Phil Oakley: Rhythmic Guitar
Pete Hartley: Fiddle
Silas Wood: Bass Fiddle
Abigail Seabrook: Tunes

check out the band here:

www.playingdjango.com

Any instruments welcome, as long as you can make it swing, we want to hear it..

The 7th is a Tuesday, but on the whole i think it will be every Monday evening, it's just 'cos the manager wants to check it out, & he don't work on Mondays. So come support us, & what we're trying to achieve on the 7th of July, or any Monday afterwards.

Any questions, feel free to ask, but i'm off to Samois this very morning, so it will be a week before i next visit the internet, so bear that in mind when waiting for a response.

See you all soon,
Gary

Comments

• pinkgarypinkgary ✭✭✭
    Firstly i'd like to thank Andy Mackenzie & Jonathan Smith for coming last week, i had a lot of fun & i hope you did too.

This monday we're gonna be joined by Wim, an Australian Abi & i met in Paris & again at Samois. Should be fun, please feel free to join us if you're free.

I think 7pm was a bit optimistic, judging by our tardiness, 730 is more realistic for the first set, which "Playing" Django will do, giving people time to turn up, get a drink, whatever.

Then let the jamming commence....