DjangoBooks.com

Lulu by Pere Soto

gumby705gumby705 Mount Dora, Florida✭✭
edited July 2009 in Repertoire Posts: 27
Did Pere Soto with Django's Castle compose Lulu on the Swing Gitane CD or is it an older composition by someone else?
It is a wonderful slower melodic song. (Nuages-esque)
Does anyone have the chord changes?
I have worked some of it out but still at work.

Comments

• B25GibB25Gib Bremerton WA✭✭✭✭ Holo Busato, Dell'Arte Hommage, Gitane D-500, Eastman AR805
    If memory serves correct, it was written by Lulu Reinhardt. A great mid-tempo song that is a crowd pleaser.
    This song is in an AABA format.
    These are the Robin Nolan changes but are simple and work very well.

1st A Section: / D69 / % / E7 / % / E-7 / A13b9 / D69 B-7 / E-7 A13b9 /
    2nd A Section: / D69 / % / E7 / % / E-7 / A13b9 / D69 / D7 /
    B Section: / G / G#dim / D69 / % / E7 / % / E-7 / A13b9 /

I lived on the the E. shore of Lake Dorr N. of you up HWY 19 (Altonna Address) for 6 months after quitting a job in Orlando before moving back to WA to care for aging parents. A very beautiful location, swam in Alexander Springs most every day and played alot of music.

Cheers, Rocky
  • JackJack western Massachusetts✭✭✭✭
    Actually, I think it's an original. Rocky is talking about Lulu Swing, a different tune...
  • B25GibB25Gib Bremerton WA✭✭✭✭ Holo Busato, Dell'Arte Hommage, Gitane D-500, Eastman AR805
    My apologies! Last night's attention to detail along with my eyesight was not up to speed!
    Rocky
  • PassacagliaPassacaglia Madison, WI✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2009 Posts: 1,471
    B25Gib wrote:
    If memory serves correct, it was written by Lulu Reinhardt. A great mid-tempo song that is a crowd pleaser.
    This song is in an AABA format.
    These are the Robin Nolan changes but are simple and work very well.

1st A Section: / D69 / % / E7 / % / E-7 / A13b9 / D69 B-7 / E-7 A13b9 /
    2nd A Section: / D69 / % / E7 / % / E-7 / A13b9 / D69 / D7 /
    B Section: / G / G#dim / D69 / % / E7 / % / E-7 / A13b9 /

I lived on the the E. shore of Lake Dorr N. of you up HWY 19 (Altonna Address) for 6 months after quitting a job in Orlando before moving back to WA to care for aging parents. A very beautiful location, swam in Alexander Springs most every day and played alot of music.

Cheers, Rocky
    [Nevermind - answer found].
    -Paul

pas encore, j'erre toujours.
  • gumby705gumby705 Mount Dora, Florida✭✭
    Thanks Rocky for the feedback and chords.
    It is also good to hear someone from Florida has interest in Gypsy Jazz. Florida still has a long way to go to promote GJ. The Cook Trio in Orlando is helping out. Also thanks for the tip about Alexander Springs. I'lll check it out later in the week.

I have to agree with Jack; the chords you posted are Lulu Swing which I also have on my work list. It is by Lulu Reinhardt as you stated.

The Lulu I am looking at is on Pere Soto's (with Django's Castle) CD Swing Gitane. It is availbale on itunes and other on line download sites.
    After an exhausted search to find the composer I broke down and wrote Pere Soto's web site to ask directly. I'll also see if Pere Soto is a member of Djangobooks.

It is a wonderful song that sticks to you. I might have heard it on a commercial. This vague memory may contribute to my thinking it is an older traditional song. In the meantime I'll keep working on the progressions. It follows a relatively common pattern.

If anyone beats me to it , I would be welcomed to see/hear it.
    I'll also be waiting to hear from Pere Soto.
    Pere is a member of Djangobooks!
    Maybe we will hear from him directly in regards to Lulu!

Pere's Djangobook profile:
    Total posts: 14
    Interests: gypsy jazz music

Contact pere
    E-mail address:
    Private Message:
    MSN Messenger: <!-- e --><a href="mailto:[email protected]">[email protected]</a><!-- e -->
    Yahoo Messenger:
    AIM Address:
    ICQ Number:
  • BluesBop HarryBluesBop Harry Mexico city, MexicoVirtuoso
    I played rhythm for Pere a couple months ago, he has an original song entitled "for Lulu" here's the chart (I hope he doesn't mind me posting it here...)
    I hope Pere would not mind posting.
    I am an amateur so I would not play it for profit. (or record it)
    I would also pay for the chart if Pere ask me to.

I am hoping this posting will spread the word out about Pere's composition and give Pere the deserved recognition.
    It is a song I that deserves the play.
    Mike
  • perepere barcelona, SpainNew
    Hello!..that's me ..yes Lulu is a original song...the name of my mexican girl friend :) so...I see you got it...enjoy it!....if anybody need more charts from me... my email is: <!-- e --><a href="mailto:[email protected]">[email protected]</a><!-- e -->
    just ask...I accept, gold-diamants-petrodolars-burguers-all kind of interesting expensive objects...:)
    well...
    I'm glad you like lulu...!

regards
    Pere
    hi, everyone from Pere Soto...just looking for some new friends and gypsy jazz lovers...