DjangoBooks.com

Mexican made Dell'Arte

SwingsideSwingside Southern OregonNew
Does anyone have any opinions about the Mexican-made Dell'Arte's? I'm curious about the quality/sound/playability of these instruments.

Thanks!
Rob

Comments

• B25GibB25Gib Bremerton WA✭✭✭✭ Holo Busato, Dell'Arte Hommage, Gitane D-500, Eastman AR805
    Rob -
    ............You can email the founder of Dell 'Arte (****) and ask him about the sound quality and build consistency, etc. of these early models @ <!-- e --><a href="mailto:info@****">info@****</a><!-- e -->
    ............I bought a consignment used '04 'Hommage from him in '05 and he sent me TWO replacement tailpieces after the original broke.
    ............I and a friend visited Paracho, Michoacan, Mexico in '79 and bought two classical guitars from one of the small shops there. This is where the early Dell 'Arte guitars were built by one of the most reputable luthiers. Unfortunately the guitar industry there has fallen victim to the high volume numerical control production processes of the Asian economies.
    ............I would try to get a 72 hour tryout period and agree to pay shipping back if the guitar is not to your satisfaction.
    Good Luck,
    Rocky
  • BohemianBohemian State of Jefferson✭✭✭✭
    A couple of these were at the annual guitar bash in Healdsburg a few years back

They exhibited some top caving
    I was told this was corrected later.

They were made by Sevillano.

Also in So Oregon ( State of Jefferson)