DjangoBooks.com

Comments

• harlemjoysharlemjoys Central Jersey✭✭✭
    Those f-holes are rad. I saw examples of this guitar in the film "Latcho Drom" and I was wondering who was the maker of it. Also how much did the guitar go for?
  • JackJack western Massachusetts✭✭✭✭
    Son of a...is this already gone?? I've been wondering where this guitar has been; I really wanted to have a crack at it...

Jack
  • klaatuklaatu Nova ScotiaProdigy Rodrigo Shopis D'Artagnan, 1950s Jacques Castelluccia
    Jack wrote:
    Son of a...is this already gone?? I've been wondering where this guitar has been; I really wanted to have a crack at it...

Jack

Already gone. I called Michael last night as soon as I heard about it, and it was gone then. Must have been snatched up almost as soon as it was posted.

I don't think this is the same one that Denis was playing in the Wawau video, if that's what you're thinking of. That one seemed to be a lot darker.
    Benny

"It's a great feeling to be dealing with material which is better than yourself, that you know you can never live up to."
    -- Orson Welles
  • klaatuklaatu Nova ScotiaProdigy Rodrigo Shopis D'Artagnan, 1950s Jacques Castelluccia
    harlemjoys wrote:
    Those f-holes are rad. I saw examples of this guitar in the film "Latcho Drom" and I was wondering who was the maker of it. Also how much did the guitar go for?

The one in that film was probably an actual DiMauro Chorus. This is Bob's take on that guitar. A number of other builders build or have built versions of this - Alves de Puga, Dell'Arte, and I think Castellucia, among others .
    Benny

"It's a great feeling to be dealing with material which is better than yourself, that you know you can never live up to."
    -- Orson Welles
  • TimmyHawkenTimmyHawken Lansing,MINew
    So is Djangobooks the only outlet to buy Holo guitars? I haven't been able to find a website for Bob's guitars, is it best to PM him? Just curious, I'm probably a few months away from even thinking of switching from my Dupont, but the Holo's I have seen here and on youtube look and sound fantastic, rave reviews too.
  • JazzDawgJazzDawg New
    There's one offered http://www.eimersguitars.com/amati.html

Not done by Holo, but it looks pretty nice too. Doesn't have the 'aging' that the other did, but you could buy it and age it as you go, right?
  • MichaelHorowitzMichaelHorowitz SeattleAdministrator
    Yes, we are the only dealer for Holo in the US. He doesn't sell direct.

Keep in mind that Bob's F Hole Jazz model only looks like a DiMauro...the "engine" of the guitar is much more Busato with a dash of Selmer. Eimers says his DiMauro model is a bit archtop like....I can tell you that Bob's F hole model is completely void of any archtop qualities! It's a Gypsy guitar all the way...

'm
  • JazzDawgJazzDawg New
    That's an important distinction too. Thanks for catching that item. I didn't read the fine print at the site, just saw the guitar. From the looks of your vid on that guitar, it could be a highly sought after guitar. Sounds and looks very impressive. Hope to see more Holo guitars on your site, soon!

Thanks!
    I haven't been able to find a website for Bob's guitars, is it best to PM him?

Bob's Website http://www.hologuitar.com/ is a work in progress. He told me recently it wouldn't be up and fully running until later in the year. In the meantime, I finally tracked down his YouTube channel:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/rlholo

Probably best to PM him at this point.
    Benny

-- Orson Welles
  • harlemjoysharlemjoys Central Jersey✭✭✭
    I liked the Holo guitar but I'm actually not a big fan of the aged guitar look, age it yourself with your own blood, sweat and playing! :D

I like that Eimer f-hole, anyone know anything about the quality of his guitars?

Also once again, how much did the Holo go fer?