DG-300 vs. Cigano GJ-10

2»

Comments

• MichaelHorowitzMichaelHorowitz SeattleAdministrator
    pault86 wrote:
    Mike,

Are the Latcho Droms 670 mm scale?

yes, they are.
  • SpaloSpalo England✭✭✭✭ Manouche Guitars "Modele Jazz Moreno" No.116, 1980's Saga Blueridge "Macaferri 500", Maton 1960's Semi, Fender Telecaster, Aria FA65 Archtop
    [We sold the UK Manouche guitars for a while but had some problems with the guitars and no longer sell them.

-Michael[/quote]

What were the problems you experienced with the UK Manouche guitars?

SP
  • SpaloSpalo England✭✭✭✭ Manouche Guitars "Modele Jazz Moreno" No.116, 1980's Saga Blueridge "Macaferri 500", Maton 1960's Semi, Fender Telecaster, Aria FA65 Archtop
    [We sold the UK Manouche guitars for a while but had some problems with the guitars and no longer sell them.

-Michael[/quote]

What were the problems you experienced with the UK Manouche guitars?

SP
  • SimoniusSimonius New
    Thanks for all the advice! I got creative. I put some coins under the bridge to higher it (I saw that on Jimmy Rosenberg's guitar once), and cheap though it may sound (it cost me 10 cents, and if I don't like it I can get them back, lol), it makes a great difference! :D The guitar feels a lot more powerful now. It's drier and I'm amazed this sound was in the guitar. I'm still a little unhappy with the neck and the other stuff, but this definetly has me picking this guitar up a lot more again. :D
  • BluesBop HarryBluesBop Harry Mexico city, MexicoVirtuoso
    You can also try using picks to shim it.
  • pault86pault86 College Station, TXNew
    In that set up video for Gypsy guitars they recommend making bridge shims from self-adhesive pickguard material like this stuff from Stew Mac: http://www.stewmac.com/shop/Pickguards/Pickguard_materials/Acoustic_Pickguard_Blanks.html

There's a clip from the DVD on the tube here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UIbRMk8LA6k

Glad you got it sorted, Simon, I'm having fun with my Cigano.

Paul
  • sockeyesockeye Philadelphie sur SchuylkillNew
    A friend of mine here in Philadelphia has a Mateos that I absolutely love, and I think he got it for about $1200 US. He said Mateos was willing to negotiate.

Hi Michael,

I assume you're talking about my Mateos, and just to set the record straight, I paid a fair bit more than $1200, and I bought it USED -- not from Geronimo but from Jeff Radaich, who plays rhythm in Gonzalo's band, and has his own band, the Long Beach Caravan Trio. In fact he played my guitar on a lot of cuts from their CD.

Best wishes,

John
  • dennisdennis Montreal, QuebecModerator
    the ciganos are really great man, i think you need to get your guitar properly setup...

Get it fixed by a pro, play it for afew more years and when you 've saved up enough money get yourself your dream guitar...

btw i tried the latcho drom guitars that michael H talked about, last year at djangofest, it definitely is a great guitar!