DjangoBooks.com

Brooklyn Djangology Festival!

bbwood_98bbwood_98 Brooklyn, NyProdigy Vladimir music! Les Effes. . Its the best!
edited August 2009 in Archtop Eddy's Corner Posts: 669
Hi all,
I thought I'd start the advertising for this event. It's going to be an amazing two days of music; on October 2nd and 3rd. The headliner for this year on day one will be the ever astounding Howard Alden! The headliner for day two will be the prodigious young violinist Jason Anick.

Its going to be fun! The location is the Jalopy theatre, www.Jalopy.biz. they hosted this last year as well- 315 Columbia street, Brooklyn, NY,11231. This is a bit of a hike from the F train, but it is totally worth the walk! Street parking abounds and there are several good restaurants in that part of Brooklyn.

The schedule and details are below- there will be two classes on Saturday, one with Howard Alden, and one with Ameranouche. Here is the list and times:
Friday October 2nd, 2009 8pm-1am
8pm Marc Daines Gypsy Jazz Caravan
9pm the Hot club of Philly
10pm Ameranouche
11pm Howard Alden and Anat Cohen
12pm Vivaritse

Saturday October 3rd, 2009 classes
12pm Ameranouche
1.30pm Howard Alden

Saturday October 3rd, 2009 8pm-1am
8pm Mark Chung Trio
9pm Swing Caravan
10pm Franglais
11pm Jason Anick
12pm Open Stage (T.B.A)

The prices will be amazingly cheap for the level of music (20 per night, and 5 per band!!!) and I urge each and every one of you who might be within driving distance to come down and check it out!!
Thanks
Ben