DjangoBooks.com

Bero Landauer Trio - Comme Atrefois...

JazzDawgJazzDawg New
edited November 2009 in CD, DVD, and Concert Reviews Posts: 264
What a nice CD. Picked this up from a sale on the forums, and it was great buy. I'm fairly new to GJ, mostly catching up with who's who, and getting acquainted with the players and repertoire. So, I'm finding so much music that I've missed through the years. It's wonderful to hear performers and songs that so rich sounding.

This CD is a great example of music that is captured in a warm and inviting style.

Now, for the question. The CD lists 14 tracks, but there are actually 15. The last track is not documented, and I can't find the name of it anywhere. All of the places I've looked list it simply as 'Track 15'. Surely, this piece has a title, even if it's just a through away studio jam/out-take, right? Well, I don't know, and I am hoping that someone out there can name that tune. Thanks.

Comments

• stochestoche ParisNew
    Hi,

Nice "old school" cd (Comme autrefois).
    The title you miss the name sounds like "Swing Gitan"... :wink:

Bye,
    stoche
  • scotscot Virtuoso
    Right, this tune is known today as "Swing Gitane" though on the earliest version I have of it it's called "Stephane Stomp".
  • JazzDawgJazzDawg New
    Thanks guys. Sounds like an outtake, but it was smokin'. I thought it sounded a bit like Cesar Swing, but wasn't sure.
  • LizzLizz New
    I agree, this is a great Cd. I am a newbee as well and this wasn't a bad first choice.