DjangoBooks.com

Rue de la Chine???-Azzola/Duprat

stublastubla Prodigy Godefroy Maruejouls
edited August 2005 in Repertoire Posts: 386
Does anyone have a standard notation chart for this gorgeous waltz?
Could you scan it and send it to

<!-- e --><a href="mailto:[email protected]">[email protected]</a><!-- e -->

Thanks in advance!!
Stu

Comments

• BarengeroBarengero Auda CityProdigy
    Hi Stu,

I have the complete collection of Paul Beuscher "Musette - recueil de 110 succes" vol. 1 - 5 (550 Musette-Standards!), but unfortunately I couldn´t find this Mazurka there.

Tony Dielh doesn´t has it on his Jo-Privat website, but you should send him your question:

http://swingjo.apinc.org/home.php

Perhaps he can help.

You can see the first few measures of the song in the booklet of the CD "Paris Musette Vol. 3" of the Label La Lichere LLL 217.

Hope that helps a little bit.

Best,

Barengero
  • stublastubla Prodigy Godefroy Maruejouls
    Barengero wrote:
    Hi Stu,

I have the complete collection of Paul Beuscher "Musette - recueil de 110 succes" vol. 1 - 5 (550 Musette-Standards!), but unfortunately I couldn´t find this Mazurka there.

Tony Dielh doesn´t has it on his Jo-Privat website, but you should send him your question:

http://swingjo.apinc.org/home.php

Perhaps he can help.

You can see the first few measures of the song in the booklet of the CD "Paris Musette Vol. 3" of the Label La Lichere LLL 217.

thanks again Barengero!!!
    Yes--i saw the first few measures in the cd booklet so it must have been printed at one time!!
    Stu

Hope that helps a little bit.

Best,

Barengero
  • François RAVEZFrançois RAVEZ FranceProdigy
    Hi Stu, Hi Barengero,

I don't have this one even in the volume 6 of Beuscher's compilation.
    If you go to http:
    //www.universelles.com/catalogue.php?fonction=artiste&artiste_id=484&role_id=3
    you get to a screen where you can buy it and if you click on the eye you cand view a poor scan of the first page (first 5 staves) that's a few more dots for you.
    Rue de la Chine is the name of the street where Marcel Azzola was born
    in Ménilmontant near Belleville.
    Crossing the rue de la Chine, there is a small street with stairs called 'Passage des Soupirs'(Passage of the sighs). This street is called like that because the lovers of the area used to find shelter there and that many sighs were heared.
    If you are interested in valses named after Paris streets, there is also 'rue Fontaine', 'la Mouff', 'impasse des Vertus'.

Best

François RAVEZ