DjangoBooks.com

Maurice Dupont MC-50 D Hole 2006

2»

Comments

• MontereyJacquesMontereyJacques ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011 Posts: 81
  • If I recall correctly the guitar was built specifically to be smashed in the movie and was not a real playing instrument.

Last year Michael lost the use of his shop to a movie shoot for a few months so I guess he has some connections with the movie industry
    The Magic really starts to happen when you can play it with your eyes closed
  • pinkgarypinkgary ✭✭✭
    klaatu wrote:
    Still, it's painful to watch a guitar being smashed, even if it is a prop. It's kind of like the end of "Thelma and Louise," when they drive the '66 T-Bird over the cliff, and all I could think of was, "Oh, no, not the T-Bird!"

I know what you mean, i think the same thing watching the Italian Job, when the mafia bulldoze those E-type jags over the cliff. Shocking!
  • bugplayerbugplayer ✭✭
    Hi,
    Is this instrument still available? Thanks.
  • GuillaumeGuillaume New York, NYNew
    Is this guitar still for sale?

Thanks
  • StringswingerStringswinger Santa Cruz and San Francisco, CA✭✭✭✭ 1993 Dupont MD-20, Shelley Park Encore
    No. I own this guitar and it is not for sale. If you like Gypsy jazz guitars, Dupont makes the best!
    "When the chord changes, you should change" Joe Pass
  • GuillaumeGuillaume New York, NYNew
    Lucky you! It's a beauty!