DjangoBooks.com

Met a Rosenberg in the guitar store today

wayne nakamurawayne nakamura ✭✭✭✭
edited February 2010 in Archtop Eddy's Corner Posts: 169
I was at my local guitar store today where I noticed a young man looking at the Gitane guitars. I'm always interested in making players aware of my jam so as he was leaving I asked him "what's in your guitar case"? "It's a Favino" he said. "Wow can you show it to me?

Turned out to be a 3 hole Favino folk model. I asked him what style of music he played and he replied "gypsy swing. I have a Favino Grande Bouche as well". After inviting him to my jam he said "you must be Wayne, I'm Joseph Rosenberg." "Any connection to the famous Rosenberg guitar family?" I asked. "No I'm from the Rosenberg family of psychiatrists". "Oh you must be related to Sigmund Rosenberg!" I replied.

He laughed and promised to try to come to a jam.

Ya meet all kinds of people in guitar stores.

Comments

• Tele295Tele295 San Buenaventura (Latcho Drom), CA✭✭✭ Gitane DG300, D500
    I'm more surprised to find a Favino and a selection of Gitanes in a local guitar store than a Rosenberg! Color me jaded....
    Jill Martini Soiree - Gypsy Swing & Cocktail Jazz
    http://www.jillmartinisoiree.com
  • jerojero Michiana✭✭✭✭ J.P. Favino, Godefroy Maruejouls
    I was at my local guitar store today where I noticed a young man looking at the Gitane guitars. I'm always interested in making players aware of my jam so as he was leaving I asked him "what's in your guitar case"? "It's a Favino" he said. "Wow can you show it to me?

Turned out to be a 3 hole Favino folk model. I asked him what style of music he played and he replied "gypsy swing. I have a Favino Grande Bouche as well". After inviting him to my jam he said "you must be Wayne, I'm Joseph Rosenberg." "Any connection to the famous Rosenberg guitar family?" I asked. "No I'm from the Rosenberg family of psychiatrists". "Oh you must be related to Sigmund Rosenberg!" I replied.

He laughed and promised to try to come to a jam.

Ya meet all kinds of people in guitar stores.

Ha! It was a surprise running into you too! Just imagine my shock and astonishment when I realized that I was talking to THE Wayne Nakamura.

Very best,
    Joseph
  • stublastubla Prodigy Godefroy Maruejouls
    Hi Joseph
    hope your still enjoying the Favino grande bouche!!.....and if you ever want to sell it back to me....:-)
    Truly a masterpiece of a guitar.
    Stu