DjangoBooks.com

Where to buy GJ guitars in San Diego?

Hello Everyone,

I'm in San Diego for a few days and am looking to check out some GJ guitars for fun. Is Buffalo Brothers pretty much the only place in town? Any suggestions for shops are appreciated.

Thanks!

Comments

• BluesBop HarryBluesBop Harry Mexico city, MexicoVirtuoso
    Get in touch with **** at **** he's in SD and he's the dealer/owner of Dell Arte guitars.
  • Tele295Tele295 San Buenaventura (Latcho Drom), CA✭✭✭ Gitane DG300, D500
    Buffalo Brothers in Carlsbad usually has some
    Jill Martini Soiree - Gypsy Swing & Cocktail Jazz
    http://www.jillmartinisoiree.com
    I also live in SD and could not find a place that stocked GJ guitars. I am namely speaking of the low-end GJ guitars which sell for $300 to $600. Sometimes Guitar Center will stock these guitars but not always. They may have some returned guitars you can physically try. I researched low-end GJ guitars on MusiciansFriend.com and made my purchase through GC (they may beat or match online prices). Buffalo Bros may have new/used higher-end GJ guitars, and maybe, if you're lucky, vintage GJ guitars if you have the extra cash.
  • The LosThe Los San DiegoNew
    Have you tried Old Time Music? Here's their website:

http://www.sdoldtimemusic.com/

They get some nice gypsy jazz guitars once in a while and seem to keep Dell' Arte Pigalles in stock (which is in your price range). It's also a very cool store that has frequent live performances. Though, it takes the people forever to order anything for you....

Hope that helps.