DjangoBooks.com

Les Doigts De L'Homme - 1910

neillneill portland ,englandNew
edited August 2010 in CD, DVD, and Concert Reviews Posts: 50
Anyone else heard this yet? I got it ( in England ) from amazon mp3 downloads.. I have to say it blows me away - arrangements, playing - its all there..

Comments

• redbluesredblues ✭✭
    Available now?!! Excellent, been waiting for this for 2 months.

Will post a review when i get it and digest it. Thanks for the info
  • PhilPhil Portland, ORModerator Anastasio
    Yeah! I can't wait to get this CD too-one of my favourite groups by far, with the lead playing of Olivier Kikteff, creativity and originality of their tunes-they're at the cutting age of GJ.

...some day would like to hear a trio recording with Kikteff, Wrembel and Moignard :D
  • adrianadrian AmsterdamVirtuoso
    Here's the link: http://www.amazon.co.uk/1910/dp/B0038YK4EM/ref=sr_1_1

The preview sound clips sound great! But if you want to buy it and you're in the U.S., don't bother... Amazon has put a "geographic restriction" on it such that American IP addresses aren't allowed to purchase it.
  • adrianadrian AmsterdamVirtuoso
    One more data point: four of the songs from the new album are on their MySpace page. http://www.myspace.com/lesdoigtsdelhomme
  • redbluesredblues ✭✭
    And a GJ version of St. James Infirmary.....looking forward to that
  • thickpickthickpick ✭✭✭
    Michael H., any chance of getting this CD in the store?
  • thripthrip London, UKProdigy
    Just got this from emusic and it is absolutely brilliant. I was lucky enough to see a lot of these tunes played live when they played the Quecumbar last month.
  • rimmrimm Ireland✭✭✭✭ Paul doyle D hole, washburn washington
    I was lucky enough to hear Olivier Kikteff on his own in one of the luthier tents in Samois 2 years ago. He was totally unique and refreshing compared to some of the 'lets play as fast as we can with note perfect solos' brigade. Of course, I would love to be 'one of the lets play as fast as we can with note perfect solos'.
    I got a fever and the only prescription is more cowbell
  • neillneill portland ,englandNew
    I was going to do my review of this album - but theres just so much great stuff on there - particular favourites at the moment are the magical version of Bolero, crazy Feerie, ripping Appel Indirect and a great interpretation of Improvisation #2. Truly every track is great though - arrangements and playing (even referencing Rage against the Machine in there somewhere ) if you can't get it in America thats a real shame, I hope you guys can get it soon..
  • PhilPhil Portland, ORModerator Anastasio
    This is the most amazing new CD I've heard in a long time! "Improvisation #2" - is a stunning new version-which they extend into a whole new tune! Love the ballad version of "There'll never be another you"; Olivier Kikteff and Benoit Convert play off each other brilliantly; with flare and finese, throwing in quotes from standards old and new.

These cats go right to the top of the cutting edge of the new French GJ scene...

5 STARS ***** :D:D:D