DjangoBooks.com

Comments

• StringswingerStringswinger Santa Cruz and San Francisco, CA✭✭✭✭ 1993 Dupont MD-20, Shelley Park Encore
    IMO, Favinos are the D'Angelico/D'Aquistos of the Selmac world. (To carry my comparison further, I'd say Selmers are the Gibsons, Busatos are the Epiphones and Duponts are the Benedettos).

I have played many Selmacs including about a dozen Selmers, one Busato, 10 Favinos and at least two dozen Duponts. So far my opinion is that Favinos are the best. YMMV

Cheers,

Marc
    www.hotclubpacific.com
    "When the chord changes, you should change" Joe Pass
  • StringswingerStringswinger Santa Cruz and San Francisco, CA✭✭✭✭ 1993 Dupont MD-20, Shelley Park Encore
    Hey Ted,

Isn't your Favino # 1124? Mine is 1017 and was made in 1989. I know JP made more than 7 guitars between 1989 and 2007!
    "When the chord changes, you should change" Joe Pass
  • MichaelHorowitzMichaelHorowitz SeattleAdministrator
    IMO, Favinos are the D'Angelico/D'Aquistos of the Selmac world. (

Well, one thing is for sure, you have a really nice JP Favino yourself! I hope it's getting a lot of use...

As you may have noticed the Favino fairy stopped DjangoBooks this month so we have 4 here right now which is a first! 2 JPs and 2 Jacques....I'm not getting a lot of sleep! :D:D