DjangoBooks.com

who's the woman on the phone in this picture of Django?

Comments

• fraterfrater Prodigy

• Teddy DupontTeddy Dupont Deity
    stuart wrote: »
    I believe it is pronounced Der-jango
    That is how my father has always pronounced it.

• NyrussNyruss New
    This is an old discussion, but I wanted to correct the record about the identity of the woman on the phone in the picture of Django. It is definitely not the singer Sonia Dimitrievitch. The woman's name was Paulette Menard. She was Django's interpreter, an actress as well as a composer (under the name Paulette Girard). She is a friend of mine and still living in NYC (almost 93 years old). She gave me a newspaper clipping of an alternate image from the same photo session (published in the PM Newspaper).
    BucowimDaveyc
  • mandocatmandocat Santa Rosa, CA✭✭✭ AJL XO, Eastman 905CE, PRS SE
    Very cool Nyruss. Does she have any stories from the tour?
  • PapsPierPapsPier ✭✭
    No way!!!!!!!! That is so cool. Thanks for correcting. Could you please interview her to give us more information, to share some souvenirs of Django visit in NYC?
  • PapsPierPapsPier ✭✭
    And Nyruss, it means that she was not a model for Django, the painter?
    That is the first time I have seen that particular photo in it's entirety. Thanks :)
    ......... she certainly looks very much like Paulette Girard from the photos I found on the net.
  • Excellent .......I would love to read any stories of her time with Django, she would share. I bet she has a few.
    The Magic really starts to happen when you can play it with your eyes closed
  • NyrussNyruss New
    I will be talking to Paulette soon and intend to get as many stories down as possible. Even though she was his interpreter, it's also possible that she could have modeled for him. That's one of the questions on my list.
    pickitjohnBucoDaveyc