DjangoBooks.com

beginner question gj-10 or gj-15

2»

Comments

• blofeldblofeld New
    hi there,

so i went after the gj15 because i primarily want to learn the accompaniment and it seemed to be the better choice for that.

i got it yesterday and it sounds great.

however i noticed to much strange resonance from the tailpiece... so i installed a patch of leather and its better now, but some high notes still have strange overtones (a little banjo like...)
    so maybe that tailpiece needs some more work, lets see.

now its up to me... :)

the next posts will be in the technique forums.... :mrgreen:
  • Tele295Tele295 San Buenaventura (Latcho Drom), CA✭✭✭ Gitane DG300, D500
    Blofeld - our Cigano became a much more solid sounding guitar once we got rid of the stock strings and went to Argentines. You might want to try that before making many more adjustments to the tailpiece. That being said, new Argentines take a day or so to calm down
    Jill Martini Soiree - Gypsy Swing & Cocktail Jazz
    http://www.jillmartinisoiree.com
  • Michael BauerMichael Bauer Chicago, ILProdigy Selmers, Busatos and more…oh my!
    Stuff a piece of cloth between the tailpiece and the body. Alfonso Ponticelli taught me that trick and it really does eliminate almost all of the extraneous sound that metal tailpieces can generate.

And Tele295's advice is sage is well. Put a set of Argie 10's or 11's on and the guitar will sound much better. Congratulations and good luck!
    I've never been a guitar player, but I've played one on stage.
  • blofeldblofeld New
    hi,

i already put argentines on - great sound!
    i also put a piece of cloth there and its better now.

thanks, all.