DjangoBooks.com

Adrien Moignard- All the Way

kyle91kyle91 Portland, OregonNew
edited November 2010 in CD, DVD, and Concert Reviews Posts: 12
Has anybody listened to this yet? I've only heard a few of tracks on here: http://sites.radiofrance.fr/francemusique/em/open-jazz/emission.php?e_id=65000050&d_id=410000546

You have to click on the headphones on the right side of the page. Adrien plays Blue in Green, Some Skunk Funk , and How High the Moon from the new record.

Comments

• Charlie AyersCharlie Ayers Salt Lake CityProdigy
    Amazon.fr has sound samples, but that's all I've heard.

Charlie
  • thripthrip London, UKProdigy
    I've downloaded the cd from emusic. As you'd expect, it's great...
  • Craig BumgarnerCraig Bumgarner Drayden, MarylandVirtuoso Bumgarner S/N 001
    I just bought it via Tradebit Download for $7.77

http://www.tradebit.com/filesharing.php ... n+moignard

CB
    18 hours later........ WOW!
  • GuitarangeloGuitarangelo ✭✭
    What's the quality of the download like from Tradebit and is it a legit co., not one of the pirate outfits?
  • thickpickthickpick ✭✭✭
    edited May 2010 Posts: 142
    It's also available at http://us.7digital.com, at 320kbps bit rate, for $7.77. 7digital describes itself as "a leading digital B2B media delivery company based in London and operating globally." I'm assuming Adrien will see some $$$ from my purchase.
  • adrianadrian AmsterdamVirtuoso
    What's the quality of the download like from Tradebit and is it a legit co., not one of the pirate outfits?

I got it from Tradebit, and it sounds great. It's 320 kbps bitrate.

I found All the Way at Tradebits via Google. At the time, I'm afraid I didn't pay much attention to whether Tradebit was legit. I assumed it was. The logo says Legal Downloads, but in hindsight, I may have been naive.

After looking around the site, it appears it is not a dedicated mp3 download store per se, more like a file hosting service. It appears the content is uploaded by "sellers" who go by anonymous internet handles. I didn't see the actual "seller" listed on the download page or on my receipt, so it seems difficult to determine whether the seller is legit or not. It appears the site itself doesn't do much to control who uploads what and in one statement, it disclaims knowledge of content.

So, I don't know if this is legal and whether royalties are being paid, but it certainly looks questionable. Sorry I recommended Tradebits without looking further. If some one knows more about this, it would be interesting to hear more.

AND, If someone knows a legitimate download source for European GJ, please let me (us) know. The mp3 stores I've tried in France and the UK all deny download service to USA.

Craig
  • thickpickthickpick ✭✭✭
    Again, I recommend 7Digital, which I purchased from and checked out, and it definitely seems legit. For instance, they're now featuring the new Jack Johnson album, which I doubt they would offer so prominently if they weren't on the up and up.
  • PhilPhil Portland, ORModerator Anastasio
    Just purchased from 7digital - phenomenal CD as you'd expect from Adrien Moignard; his first CD under his own name; with a varied assortment of tunes; including a brilliant "Blue in Green" ~ and a blazing version of "No Smoking" (Horace Silver). Stochelo guests on a couple of tunes; as does Benoit Convert and Cedric appears on his mighty Sax on a few tunes; backed amply on the rhythm guitar by Matthew Chatelain and Hono Winterstein; with Jeremy Arranger holding down the bass.

~cheers

Phil
    :D:D:D