DjangoBooks.com

Django's paintings

edited August 2010 in Photos Posts: 83
Does anybody have a link or info where I can see his paintings.
I saw some in a documentary but I'm trying to find a site or museum where I can view them.
Or are they all gone?

Comments

• steven_eiresteven_eire Wicklow✭✭✭✭ Dupont MD50
  • Lango-DjangoLango-Django Niagara-On-The-Lake, ONModerator
    Well... as much as I appreciate Django's dedication to the "naked women" theme, I must regretfully say that his level of painting was pretty much the same level at which I play the guitar.... :?
    Paul Cezanne: "I could paint for a thousand years without stopping and I would still feel as though I knew nothing."

Edgar Degas: "Only when he no longer knows what he is doing does the painter do good things.... To draw, you must close your eyes and sing."

Georges Braque: "In art there is only one thing that counts: the bit that can’t be explained."
  • RKatzRKatz London✭✭✭✭
    Django was certainly a naive or 'outsider' artist, with an untrained technique however I find his paintings emotionally charged and rather poetic. The painting of a naked woman (this subject being an art historical standard) is in my view his 'masterpiece', it is no accident that her body is shaped like a guitar, wonderful! I am a fan.
  • ElliotElliot Madison, WisconsinNew
    Django appears to have been highly influenced by Modigliani, whose work his paintings look most like.
    Django and Art After a Swiss tour with Michel de Villers he took up painting to make up for the lack of regular work.

Composite Doors
    Front Doors
    Django is certainly a outstanding artist having a untrained technique everyone should appreciate his dedication towards the painting
    Sometimes you see celebrities turn to painting.
    Most of them copy a Magritte or kandinsky.
    Just like Joni Mitchell does a little van gogh style.(not that thats bad)
    But Django's paintings are unique and I find them fascinating.
    Hope to see them in real one day.
    Are they all lost or are they all sold?
    Is there a place where you can view them?
  • Dr. BullDr. Bull New
    django2.jpg

By chance I just ordered this book today for my son. We are looking forward to reading it together. Has anyone read this book?