DjangoBooks.com

Stock Arrangements

Joli GadjoJoli Gadjo Cardiff, UK✭✭✭✭ Derecho, Bumgarner - VSOP, AJL
edited November 2010 in Repertoire Posts: 542
Dear Djangonauths,

About 1/2 of all the Django tunes that have been published are tunes recorded during performances with Django with or without Stephane as guest with an Orchestra... We've all seen Jean Sablon, Andre Ekyan, Noel Chihoust and other's names associated with Django's name.
So this should mean that there must be or must have been some arrangements of Django's tunes written for Orchestra. Has anyone every heard of such a thing ? Has it been ever published ? Do / did other orchestras use them ?...

Any information will illuminate my ignorance on this topic.
- JG

Comments

• François RAVEZFrançois RAVEZ FranceProdigy
    Hi Joli Gadjo,

At the back of a music sheet from Salvet Editions, I saw that some orchestral musical arrangements of the hits published by this company had been made by Noël CHIBOUST (see attached photo) and Marius COSTE. Unfortunately, most of Django/Stephen tunes were published by Francis DAY and I cannot remember having seen a similar offer for orchestral arrangements.
    By the way, I have never seen the Noël CHIBOUST arrangements of Salvet tunes for sale.

Hope this helps

Best

François RAVEZ
  • Joli GadjoJoli Gadjo Cardiff, UK✭✭✭✭ Derecho, Bumgarner - VSOP, AJL
    Thanks Francois, that reinforces the concept that I need to look for the conductors of the orchestras name, and not for Django's.
    I'll let you know if I get lucky.
    Best,
    -JG
    - JG