DjangoBooks.com

LET'S GIVE THANKS TO DJANGOBOOKS

Comments

• JackJack western Massachusetts✭✭✭✭
    Add me to the choir...Michael came along at just the right moment and brought literally hundreds (thousands?) of us together via Djangobooks. Here's to more good years--I don't think we'd let you quit if you wanted to!
  • SpaloSpalo England✭✭✭✭ Manouche Guitars "Modele Jazz Moreno" No.116, 1980's Saga Blueridge "Macaferri 500", Maton 1960's Semi, Fender Telecaster, Aria FA65 Archtop
    Oh yes! 'Gypsy Picking' opened the door for me even at my 'advanced' age!

Many, many thanks.

SP
  • rimmrimm Ireland✭✭✭✭ Paul doyle D hole, washburn washington
    Here here. Great site, great products great delivery. The Stimer and tweed case are the talk of the town over here. Happy holidays Michael
    I got a fever and the only prescription is more cowbell
  • Archtop EddyArchtop Eddy Manitou Springs, ColoradoModerator
    This is a great thread giving much overdue appreciation to the man who's brought us all together on this site. Many, many thanks Michael!
  • blindjimmyblindjimmy phoenix,az✭✭✭✭
    This fantastic website , and everyone here, has not only been very educational and entertining, it has also been an effective way to get rid of any extra money i have had ! Thank You !!
    shut up and play your guitar
  • ShawnShawn Boise, Idaho✭✭✭✭
    Definitely agree with what everyone has said so far. Michael, this site has been an invaluable resource to me, and I can't express my gratitude enough.

Plus, you have some of the best deals on gear I can find anywhere...from the insurmountable number of strings I've bought to the Stimer pickup that has become invaluable to me...I haven't seen another website that can beat your prices.

Thanks for everything!
  • PhilPhil Portland, ORModerator Anastasio
    gianina wrote:
    Have you ever wondered where we would be without Michael Horowitz and DjangoBooks. What would the gypsy jazz scene be without Michael?

...Before Djangobooks...many of us were surfing the Yahoo Forum and Steve Royall's Django Swing Page at hotclub.co.uk...Steve's page was the place where I first found hard to find CDs and received recommendations from other 'veteran' django players on which other essential gypsy guitarists/musicians to be listening to. Both sites, were where we had the pleasure of 'meeting' Mary Honcoop; who generously shared her first hand knowledge of The Rosenberg Trio and made available her Samois Videos all for the cost of shipping only; which gave us the chance to see how this genre was played (as this was long before Youtube and the like)...sadly, I don't think Mary survived to become a member of Djangobooks.

Yes indeed a BIG thanks to Michael for his site and for widening the circle and opening up more doorways for us to cross paths with like-minded folk! Thanks to Michael and Thanks to all who help make this site a great community for which to share our journey to Django's front door! :D

~cheers

Phil
  • constantineconstantine New York✭✭✭✭ Geronimo Mateos
    ditto!
  • patrus le sommelierpatrus le sommelier ✭✭✭✭
    I was lucky to video interview the man behind Djangobooks himself in DFNW last September

Have a look:
    http://www.patrus53.com/2010/11/30/michael-horowitz/

Thanks Michael for all your work!
  • I'm pretty new to the forum still but i have to say it is extraordinary to have something like this available to its community. That fact that GJ isn't really mainstream means that when you find the people who play aswell then you can learn and share real information, not just the typical banter you get with other 'joe so half musicians'
    So a thanks to Mr Horowitz and also to Mr Le Sommelier for his videos along with the other contributers sharing solid information day after day.