DjangoBooks.com

On which album does Fapy play fado guitar?

2»

Comments

• noodlenotnoodlenot ✭✭✭
    Hi emile!

so, you´re keeping up with the guitarra... i´ve digged your music, although the mix seemed a bit cluttered to my ears. it´s strange for a portuguese like me to hear the guitarra used as a rhythm instrument, but that´s the good thing about using an instrument without being overweighted by it´s particular tradition : you tend to find new ways of using it with easiness.

as for mood, it didn´t seem particularly "gypsy" to me, it made me remember ancient italian movies (the good ones) instead, with a bit of melancholy.

keep strumming!
    miguel.
    Thanks for listening Miguel!
    More like an old Italian movie..I agree! :)
    I also like the music from "the third man" with Orson Welles.

I started playing the fado guitar by myself in my own way...getting the feel of it.All real new to me..the way to play traditional with the fake nails.Now I'm listening to all the classics and I downloaded a pdf file with alot of chords from Jose Lucio's website.
    Gonna try to practice with the two fingers.But will take a long time I'm sure.

I like to make songs with mixes of style.
    I like gypsy music,bossa nova,fado,bluegrass but also Sol Hoopi and Hawaian Slack guitar.
    You will never see me with a straw hat and pin striped suit "trying" to play minor swing the traditional way.I like alot of different music.
    Thanks again for listening.It was a very raw mix.
    Didn't spend any time to the final mix because I wanna redo the solo guitar today or this week.
    So I might replace the link with the final mix.

Saúde,Emile
  • noodlenotnoodlenot ✭✭✭
    yeah, me to. i like a lot of different things, i couldn´t live with only gypsy jazz... i would like to see thelonious monk playing with django and fela kuti!

good luck with the guitar!
    cheers,
    Miguel.