DjangoBooks.com

Tchan-Tchou continued

2»

Comments

• brandoneonbrandoneon Alpes-de-Haute-Provence, France✭✭✭
    Barengero wrote:
    Hi Ted,
    Michael Dregni once told me that he is looking for a Vinyl Album with the title "Tieno Fallone avec 'Tchan Tchou' Vidal". I never heard about such an album. It is not included in Alain Antoniettos "Discographie du Jazz Tzigane". I even couldn´t figure out who is "Tieno Fallone". Maybe the accordionist Tony Fallone, who played in "swing manouche style"? Do you know anything about this album?

With best regards

Sorry to resurrect such an ancient post, but I was just researching this topic myself. There is in fact such an album, though I have never seen it. If you can get your hands on Francois Billard's "Histoires de l'accordeon", he has a section on gypsy jazz accordionists, including Tieno ... who is the cousin of Tony. He also makes reference to this rare LP from the 60s. What a treat that would be to hear! :wink:
  • scotscot Virtuoso
    It's a pretty typical recording for it's time. There's a smoking version of "Joseph, Joseph" and a workaday version of "Swing-Valse". Fallone isn't as skilled as Viseur or Privat and Tchan-tchou's rhythm is top-notch but not spectacular. It's basically a good record but a cut below the benchmark - which is still "Manouche Partie".
  • patrus le sommelierpatrus le sommelier ✭✭✭✭
    There is a recording of Tchan Tchou with Tony Fallone but it's not a LP
    it's just a live recording.
    Patrus