DjangoBooks.com

street bands- source of energy for amps

2»

Comments

• Jeff MooreJeff Moore Minneapolis✭✭✭✭ Lebreton 2
    PA = public address system. Any system to amplify to a crowd, usually associated with the outdoors or big halls for say political or civic occassions.
    Now a days, a PA system is usually associated with music and a medium to very high quality reproduction of sound and consists of at least an amp, multiple inputs, and two speakers (one each on the right and left side of the stage), but when seeing a huge concert and a hundred speakers, you would likely still refer to the system as a PA.
    The "acoustic" amps of today are essentially one unit PA systems. They attempt to reproduce a voice or guitar without changing the sound (as a electric guitar amp does), so they function like a PA, but of course lack the multiple speaker setup usually associated with the word PA.

At root the acronym PA could be anything to amplify you to the public, but takes on different slightly different meanings in the context it is being used.
    "We need a radical redistribution of wealth and power" MLK
  • rafapakrafapak ✭✭
    Jeff Moore wrote:
    PA = public address system. Any system to amplify to a crowd, usually associated with the outdoors or big halls for say political or civic occassions.
    Now a days, a PA system is usually associated with music and a medium to very high quality reproduction of sound and consists of at least an amp, multiple inputs, and two speakers (one each on the right and left side of the stage), but when seeing a huge concert and a hundred speakers, you would likely still refer to the system as a PA.
    The "acoustic" amps of today are essentially one unit PA systems. They attempt to reproduce a voice or guitar without changing the sound (as a electric guitar amp does), so they function like a PA, but of course lack the multiple speaker setup usually associated with the word PA.

At root the acronym PA could be anything to amplify you to the public, but takes on different slightly different meanings in the context it is being used.

thanks! now I get it

Previously I thought it had to do with a post office or sth, he he
  • pinkgarypinkgary ✭✭✭
    Robin uses a Compact Mobile... I do too when busking (and gigs...no mains hum or trying to find sockets!)), it's great it pumps the sound out real far, covers a big space without having to be too loud. I get about 7 hours out of the battery not using the phantom power, about 5 hours using the phantom power, at a reasonable street volume. Highly recommend it...