DjangoBooks.com

John Jorgenson in Langley WA last Sunday

cbwimcbwim ✭✭✭
edited January 2011 in North America Posts: 190
Saw a great concert by the John Jorgenson Quintet last Sunday afternoon. John, lead, guitar, Jason Anick on violin, Doug Martin, rhythm guitar, Rick Reed, percussion and Simon Planting on the bass. The WICA auditorium was packed, the sound was excellent, and the music, superb and wonderful. For an encore the Quintet played a lovely rendition of Nuages without amplification - which was an amazing and lovely finale.

John expressed a bit of concern for the late night sessions at DjangoFest next September: the Edgecliff is shut down, apparently. There were for sale signs around the building. Hopefully it will have DjangoFest-friendly new owners soon.

There were quite a few DjangoFest regulars in the audience. It was great to have this treat in the middle of winter!

Comments

• seeirwinseeirwin ✭✭✭ AJL J'attendrai | AJL Orchestra
    That sounds like a great concert. I'm very excited to see him play at the Saga party at the NAMM show tomorrow.
  • B25GibB25Gib Bremerton WA✭✭✭✭ Holo Busato, Dell'Arte Hommage, Gitane D-500, Eastman AR805
    ......It is depressing to envision the Edgecliff not being open for DFNW '11 as it is such a great restaurant/pub meeting place during the festival. So much good vibes, music indoor and outside in the courtyard and drinks so close to WICA and the Junior HS auditorium next door. Sure hope it is open this fall again!
  • HotTinRoofHotTinRoof Florida✭✭✭
    Sounds like it was terrific. John's 'Franco American' CD is a favorite of mine, love his arrangements and lead phrasing. I'm trying to pick my way through Man Of Mystery and Valse Samois currently. :shock:
  • Tele295Tele295 San Buenaventura (Latcho Drom), CA✭✭✭ Gitane DG300, D500
    Somebody here should buy the Edgecliff. Make part of it into a storefront for Djangobooks?
    Jill Martini Soiree - Gypsy Swing & Cocktail Jazz
    http://www.jillmartinisoiree.com
  • Tele295Tele295 San Buenaventura (Latcho Drom), CA✭✭✭ Gitane DG300, D500
    Somebody here should buy the Edgecliff. Make part of it into a storefront for Djangobooks?
    Jill Martini Soiree - Gypsy Swing & Cocktail Jazz
    http://www.jillmartinisoiree.com