DjangoBooks.com

Madrid Flamenco

Lango-DjangoLango-Django Niagara-On-The-Lake, ONModerator
edited January 2011 in FAQ Posts: 1,855
I am in Spain, and I was given for Christmas a double CD of famous Spanish flamenco guitarists. But alas I can't play it until I get back to Canada as this old laptop's CD drive is useless.

I don't have the CD here with me this very second, but it seems to heavily feature Paco de Lucia, who I gather is one of the current masters of flamenco guitar?

I am very much looking forward to hearing it next week when I get home... I love the sound of a flamenco guitar, and the incredible technique that so many of the guitarists have makes it hard to believe they are playing all those blazingly fast passages using their thumbnail!
Paul Cezanne: "I could paint for a thousand years without stopping and I would still feel as though I knew nothing."

Edgar Degas: "Only when he no longer knows what he is doing does the painter do good things.... To draw, you must close your eyes and sing."

Georges Braque: "In art there is only one thing that counts: the bit that can’t be explained."