DjangoBooks.com

Gitane D500 not the real sound

2»

Comments

• pmh425pmh425 Middle Island, NY✭✭✭✭
    calò wrote:
    two questions guys: does the litle piece of leather change the sound? and wich bridge i should buy dupont 2 or 3?
    On my friends, the addition of the Leather under the tail piece got rid of some sympathetic vibrations. I am not sure which bridge he currently has on (he has experimented with a couple)
    -Peter
  • just the bassplayerjust the bassplayer Huntington, NYNew
    Peter:
    The bridge on my Gitane 500 is the Dupont #2. I tried the #3 which sounded great but had terrible intonation just from being too high. (Yes, I did try moving it around, and tilting it as well).It's something that Hofner bass players learn to do fairly quickly.I think that all bridges are compromises. I wish I had the punch and tone of the #3 with the intonation of the #2.
    The Argentines are the right stings, and the Dupont bridges are splendid upgrades, as far as I'm concerned.
    Yes, the leather under stamped the tail piece brass and under the 90 degree hasp did kill the strange and wanted harmonics that it would generate - especially when I had a fresh set of strings.
    Michael