DjangoBooks.com

Doubts about Gypsy Jazz guitar to buy...

Comments

• redbluesredblues ✭✭
    have a spanish guitar with a neck of 5 cm

In that case the d500 has a neck you will be used to, as it has a very similar rounded neck of those dimensions. The hommage has a flat backed neck
  • klaatuklaatu Nova ScotiaProdigy Rodrigo Shopis D'Artagnan, 1950s Jacques Castelluccia
    HotTinRoof wrote:
    "a bit expensive, I'm afraid"
    "at pretty reasonable prices"
    Funny how neither of you mention any numbers. If you have the info post it. Let the OP decide if your suggestion is expensive or reasonable. Help the guy out. I'm sure there are a few of us who'd like to know as well.:wink:
    The only prices I have for Mateos are two years old, but here they are:
    Model B 1350 Euros
    "Audrey" 1575 Euros

He also has a Model A, for which I have no information.

I assume those prices include VAT, but I don't know that for sure. The best thing to do would be to write or call and ask for current info. His wife Emilie is very nice and helpful.
    Benny

"It's a great feeling to be dealing with material which is better than yourself, that you know you can never live up to."
    -- Orson Welles
  • kike_skakike_ska New
    Yes, I phoned to Geronimo and Emilia to take information. They have a VERY,VERY GOOD guitars, but, in my economic conditions, the guitars are so much far for my possibilities. I will keep contact with this couple for the future.

And yes, Emilia is so helpful and very funny! So reconfortable to find people lik that...

In that point, I think I will buy a Gitane DG320. I hope this is my last option (if not, i will get crazy!)

thanks everyone!!

Kike
  • klaatuklaatu Nova ScotiaProdigy Rodrigo Shopis D'Artagnan, 1950s Jacques Castelluccia
    You'll probably find the DG320 to be very satisfactory at this stage. Definitely a better guitar than the D500. It should give you a lot of pleasure for a long time.

And someday, when you're ready to move up, Geronimo will still be there.
    Benny

"It's a great feeling to be dealing with material which is better than yourself, that you know you can never live up to."
    -- Orson Welles
  • fraterfrater Prodigy
    The DG320 is a very good guitar for this style, I'm sure you will love it.

P.S.
    As for the Marin prices, I'm not sure... I almost bought a second-hand one a couple of years ago that was listing at around 2.000 euro.
  • seeirwinseeirwin ✭✭✭ AJL J'attendrai | AJL Orchestra
    This is the info I got from Geronimo Mateos last year (so it's probably out of date):

SPECIFICATIONS FOR MODEL A (INDIAN ROSEWOOD)

PRICE: 2.375 EUROS
    SOLID SPRUCE TOP
    WALNUT NECK
    BACK AND SIDES LAMINATED INDIAN ROSEWOOD
    EBONY FINGERBOARD
    EBONY BRIDGE AND MUSTACHES
    2-WAY ADJUSTABLE TRUSS ROAD

SPECIFICATIONS FOR MODEL A (VERSION PAO FERRO)
    PRICE: 2.850 EUROS
    SOLID SPRUCE TOP
    WALNUT NECK
    BACK AND SIDES LAMINATED PAO FERRO
    EBONY FINGERBOARD
    2-WAY ADJUSTABLE TRUSS ROAD

SPECIFICATIONS FOR MODEL "B"
    PRICE: 1.485 EUROS
    TOP: spruce
    BACK AND SIDES: Laminated bubinga
    NECK: Brazilian Bubinga
    FINGERBOARD: Ebony
    2 WAY ADJUSTABLE TRUSS ROAD

SPECIFICATIONS FOR MODEL "AUDREY" (LAUNCHED IN 2008)
    PRICE: 1.732 EUROS
    TOP: CEDAR
    BACK AND SIDES. Laminated Indian Rosewood
    Neck: WALNUT
    FINGERBOARD: Ebony
    2 WAY ADJUSTABLE TRUSS ROAD

YOU CAN ORDER MODELS VERSION PETITE BOUCHE OR GRANDE BOUCHE FOR THE SAME PRICE.

DELIVERY TIME:

FOR ORDERS AVAILABLE IN STOCK IMMEDIATE SHIPPMENT.

FOR ORDERS OUT OF STOCK: DELIVERY ABOUT 4-6 WEEKS DEPENDING MODELS

INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING:
    PAYMENT:

FOR INTERNATIONAL ORDERS WE ONLY ACCEPT PREVIOUS PAYMENT BY BANK TRANSFER.

WE PREVIOUSLY SEND A PRO-FORMA INVOICE.
  • kike_skakike_ska New
    Thank yo seeirwin!

The prices are more or less the same actually. I thank to Emilia and Gerónimo, but my money can't arrive to this money level. I thought to spend about 600-1000 euros, so i think that the Gitane DG-320 is my choice.

Thanks everyone!

Kike
  • Best of luck with it
    The Magic really starts to happen when you can play it with your eyes closed
  • kike_skakike_ska New
    HI again!

I started to search an online shop to buy my guitar and i had founded so much problems with international shipping. I only found a Northamerican web pages and there are so much that don't make international shipping.

What do you think about http://www.instrumentalley.com ??

I think is the cheapest website i founded.

Anyone knows any european onlineshop or USA or China website with "interesting" prices?

Thanks you again!!!

Kike
    Kike - have you tried gypsyguitar.de? Norman Ort is a great guy and has a good selection.

Check it out at http://tinyurl.com/6jdhv7f

If you click on the little Spanish flag, some of the pages will come up in translation.
    Benny

-- Orson Welles