DjangoBooks.com

Which Technique

kungfumonk007kungfumonk007 ✭✭✭✭
edited March 2011 in Gypsy Picking Posts: 421
I'm reposting this here to see if Mr. Horowitz can give some insight.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9d0li1lsbxM

What is the technique here at 1:55 that he is using? Is he doing triplets or 16ths (if 16ths I'm quitting playing guitar :wink: ) I'm pretty sure it's triplets, but is he doing the Down, Up, Down pattern (again, if he is I'm quitting).

I max out on my triplets chord rolls around 215-225, and he is taking it at around 290-300. Are there any strength training exercises (along with some relaxation exercises) to help out, because obviously I'm not nearly up to speed.

Comments

• HotTinRoofHotTinRoof Florida✭✭✭
    Joscho is one of the fastest players I've heard - way to aim high! :lol: In all seriousness, there probably aren't any secrets, just practice to a metronome and slowly increase the speed trying to remain relaxed while playing. If you feel yourself tightening up back off the speed.
  • kungfumonk007kungfumonk007 ✭✭✭✭
    Triplets right?
  • kungfumonk007kungfumonk007 ✭✭✭✭
    Also should I switch to the round end of the pick (I use a Wegan Gypsy Pick) or should I stick with the sharp end.

I'm going for it - I can come sort of close to his speed on a single sextuplet role, but my speed drops way down when I'm sustaining over a period of time, so obviously I have a deficiency there anyway that needs to be worked on.