DjangoBooks.com

Django's Selmer

Comments

• klaatuklaatu Nova ScotiaProdigy Rodrigo Shopis D'Artagnan, 1950s Jacques Castelluccia
    Yeah, please don't stop posting, Bob, or go to 10 word posts. Your offerings always make for great reading and are incredibly informative. You come to this with experience and insights that few of us have or have access to. I saved your dissertation on truss rods, because I learned so much from it and like to refer back to it once in a while.
    Benny

"It's a great feeling to be dealing with material which is better than yourself, that you know you can never live up to."
    -- Orson Welles
  • BluesBop HarryBluesBop Harry Mexico city, MexicoVirtuoso
    I'm not a "sum it up in 10 words" guy - never have been.
    I believe we all thanks our luck for that
  • Michael BauerMichael Bauer Chicago, ILProdigy Selmers, Busatos and more…oh my!
    Bob--

Feel free to use a thousand words or more anytime you want. I (and just about everyone else here) will be hanging on every one of them. I know you are bust these days, but I miss thos old PM exchanges. I learned alot from each and every one of them.

Michael
    I've never been a guitar player, but I've played one on stage.
  • Bob HoloBob Holo Moderator
    Well - thanks gents. I'll try not to be such a stranger. Yes, it's been a bit busy lately. Still kicking myself for not going to see 503. Once in a lifetime opportunity. That will probably haunt me for a long time. It was amazing that Ivan took those pictures /vids and shared them. Very cool of him to do that.

Hey, by the way, Enrique. On the topic of all things related to Selmer, you remember I told you I was thinking about doing a short scale "Django 1938" Selmer. It worked out well... Stephane Wrembel convinced me to do it. He's a very cool guy. I could learn as much about being a good person from him as I could learn about guitar. It wasn't quite as short as a Mac scale, a big longer... jazzbox scale - more high order harmonics that way, but still an easier stretch. Stephane and Benoit were playing it at Django a Gogo this year. Somewhere on the vast Googlesphere there are links to the shows as JoesPub as Stephane published them live.

And thanks again Ivan... My God what a treasure to see those vids.
    You get one chance to enjoy this day, but if you're doing it right, that's enough.
  • ShawnShawn Boise, Idaho✭✭✭✭
    Bob Holo wrote:
    ...remember I told you I was thinking about doing a short scale "Django 1938" Selmer. It worked out well... Stephane Wrembel convinced me to do it.

Now you're just teasing. I've been wanting a copy of Django's 1938 Selmer since I saw the J'attendrai video for the first time. I love that fingerboard extension on the Oval hole, or more correctly, a typical D-Hole fingerboard on an Oval Hole. Maybe one of these days Wrembel will decide to sell it.
  • rimmrimm Ireland✭✭✭✭ Paul doyle D hole, washburn washington
    redblues..great video-only u can find 'em. jam this week..?
    I got a fever and the only prescription is more cowbell
  • redbluesredblues ✭✭
    I'm in rimm, you guys have really stepped it up a notch, a delight to listen to, look forward to it
  • StevearenoSteveareno ✭✭✭
    I bet Selmer eventually does come up with reissues. We've already seen a mysterious prototype. Probably just a matter of time. Surely they can't have their heads totally in the sand?
    :? Swang on,
  • fraterfrater Prodigy
    Problem is Selmer would quite possibly produce something that's less authentic than a Dupont VR... and they cant afford it.