DjangoBooks.com

A tricky question about Professional Set-Up

13»

Comments

• Jeff MooreJeff Moore Minneapolis✭✭✭✭ Lebreton 2
    You'll get a good guitar ready to play from Josh. Don't know about shipping.............
    I have sympathy with your concerns and worries. My daughter sent a letter to my wife in Kenya last October. It arrived yesterday: in perfect shape!
    Your local repair man might have done a great job, but it may be that this type of guitar is different enough, especially the bridge and could be confusing to work on for the first time.
    Best wishes, let everyone know how it turns out.
    Jeff
    "We need a radical redistribution of wealth and power" MLK
  • klaatuklaatu Nova ScotiaProdigy Rodrigo Shopis D'Artagnan, 1950s Jacques Castelluccia

... it would be difficult to gurantee the guitar would have abosuletly no buzz as there will be climate changes in shipping it over there which could move things around a bit. You may have to make some small adjustments.
    I don't think Bob Holo would mind my quoting him on this subject:
    "... travel really stoves-up guitars. I suppose the wood adjusts at different rates depending on thickness/mass/finish and so guitars are under uncomfortable internal tension for a few weeks in a new environment - and air travel is the worst because the hold of a cargo plane is very cold and very dry."
    If a newly shipped guitar arrives with some buzzing or other undesirable qualities, wait a while and see if it settles in. And be sure to keep it humidified if humidity is a problem in your area. Wintertime in Nova Scotia is brutal - without extra humidification, our house could drop well below 30% at times, which is guitar wrecking territory.
    Benny

"It's a great feeling to be dealing with material which is better than yourself, that you know you can never live up to."
    -- Orson Welles
  • pawayapawaya New
    :D Oh no! I had never thought that my country will compare with Kenya )) However i can't say nothing bad about Kenya cause i have never been to it... I live in european side of Russia in 1 thousand km from Moscow and post service OK less or more. And what especially good thing - it is spring now, and whether is OK, so there is no danger that the guitar will freeze at what some stock! :mrgreen:
  • Jeff MooreJeff Moore Minneapolis✭✭✭✭ Lebreton 2
    Hey pawaya.
    Kenya beat the British in 63. You guys beat the Germans in 45. We're all the same under our skins. When we demand accountable leaders, maybe we can have reliable mail systems too.
    Here's hoping your wait is short!
    "We need a radical redistribution of wealth and power" MLK