DjangoBooks.com

Best and most versitile arppegios

w_lavenew_lavene Cambridge, EnglandNew
edited April 2011 in Technique Posts: 44
I have been playing this style for over a few years now, previously i was a blues player, and although i have become fairly confident that i am playing well with a good authentic sound in relation to chords, scales and arppegios. I have mainly only learnt by ear and with a few books to guide me.

I am aware of a few good concepts in regard to solo playing but feel i am playing a bit to much like a blues player still, in regard to using a few to many stock phrases and positions and want a bit more freedom where instead of doing it totaly by ear and improvising on what i know some good reasorces to link it together. I have good harmonic concepts(i think) and use a lot of Minor6th arpegios and diminished and chromatic runs etc, but most of these i play based from i low root note and want to know if anyone has good starting places for other things starting maybe more on d string area or moving through more octaves in relation to arpegios etc.

Comments