DjangoBooks.com

Swingology at the Chester Playhouse

klaatuklaatu Nova ScotiaProdigy Rodrigo Shopis D'Artagnan, 1950s Jacques Castelluccia
edited April 2011 in North America Posts: 1,665
I just had to post this incredible photo of my band Swingology playing at the Chester Playhouse in Chester, Nova Scotia. We had one of the best audiences ever, very appreciative (and loudly so, too!). We were joined by our good friend John Malmström aka "Smilin' Jack" (http://www.johnmalmstrom.com) on clarinet and trés belle chanteuse Kirsten McDonald on vocals (and a bit of accordion, too). All of the regular players look very intense, Jack is wailin' on clarinet, and Kirsten simply looks smokin' hot (and can she ever sing!).

The photo was taken by Jack's wife Susan (http://www.susanmalmstrom.com), who is a professional photographer and our official picture snapper.

Benny

"It's a great feeling to be dealing with material which is better than yourself, that you know you can never live up to."
-- Orson Welles

Comments

• Michael BauerMichael Bauer Chicago, ILProdigy Selmers, Busatos and more…oh my!
    Benny, it's not hard to find the best looking person on THAT stage!
    I've never been a guitar player, but I've played one on stage.
  • klaatuklaatu Nova ScotiaProdigy Rodrigo Shopis D'Artagnan, 1950s Jacques Castelluccia
    I'm with you on that, Michael, my friend. As one of the band members said, "each of us is caught in the act of doing our job... and part of Kirsten's job -- fair or not -- is to look fabulous."

And she does! We have to keep reminding ourselves that some of us are old enough to be her grandfather.
    Benny

"It's a great feeling to be dealing with material which is better than yourself, that you know you can never live up to."
    -- Orson Welles