DjangoBooks.com

Improvisation course at the Rosenberg Academy

HemertHemert Prodigy
edited May 2011 in Welcome Posts: 264
We have started a new and guitar-life-changing project: Solos on one chord starting this month with G major. Stochelo improvises a complete solo on one chord and gives invaluable insight into the way he thinks and the use of the guitar neck.

Upon reviewing and analyzing this material I believe this is pure gold. Imagine the same concept in the next months for a C-major chord (which is at the same location on the guitar neck as the G major chord) and then for G minor and C minor. After that on II-V-I in G major/minor and C major/minor. This will of course take a couple of months but you will have gained so much knowledge about the guitar neck and the way Stochelo handles chord changes that you'll be set for a lifetime!

To see some samples from this lesson:

For some strange reason audio and video sync is a bit off in this youtube video; this is of course not the case when the video is viewed in the member section of the academy!

Comments

• GJFANGJFAN New
    Just checked this course out at the Academy. It follows nicely from the other improv. lessons.
    Some great ideas. Looking forward to the next section of it. Also just added is a great solo on Hungaria which is turning into one of my favourite tunes.
  • It's a good month over there with Hungaria, Nuages, and the improv lessons.