DjangoBooks.com

New Staff for Django in June

Comments

• EmmettRayEmmettRay Honolulu, Hawaii✭✭✭✭ Koa Iseman, AJL XO-503, Holo Busato
    There should be at least a couple Holo guitars there. I'm bringing mine, its a Busato style model. Wrembel has two now, Benoit Convert has one also, as does Jeff Radiach. Hopefully they will bring them!

Adrian will have his AJL and Olivier may have his ALD with him. Should be an awesome collection of old and new guitars for everyone to check out!
  • Michael BauerMichael Bauer Chicago, ILProdigy Selmers, Busatos and more…oh my!
    I am definitely bringing both Selmers ('32 d-hole and '51 oval), the d-hole Busato, the '64 Favino, and the Joseph di Mauro. I addition I'll probably bring two of the following: '30's Busato, '01 Favino Jazz S (Michel St. Pierre is bringing a Jazz N!), and perhaps the Manouche Concert Model. I thought about the '39 ES-150, but Charlie Christian doesn't exactly fit in a Django event.

It looks like we may have more guitars and more variey than last year!
    I've never been a guitar player, but I've played one on stage.
  • adrianadrian AmsterdamVirtuoso
    klaatu wrote:
    Adrian will probably be there with his AJL.

Yes, indeed. Looking forward to some serious guitar geekery and seeing all you guys!

Adrian
  • klaatuklaatu Nova ScotiaProdigy Rodrigo Shopis D'Artagnan, 1950s Jacques Castelluccia
    EmmettRay wrote:
    There should be at least a couple Holo guitars there. I'm bringing mine, its a Busato style model. Wrembel has two now, Benoit Convert has one also, as does Jeff Radiach. Hopefully they will bring them!
    Cool. I look forward to trying those out. I had a great Holo for a while but wound up selling it to finance another purchase. His Busatos sound really good in the videos that I've seen, and the one that Alfonso Ponticelli has is a great one, too.
    Benny

"It's a great feeling to be dealing with material which is better than yourself, that you know you can never live up to."
    -- Orson Welles
  • Craig BumgarnerCraig Bumgarner Drayden, MarylandVirtuoso Bumgarner S/N 001
    I addition I'll probably bring two of the following: '30's Busato, '01 Favino Jazz S !

Oh, please do, would love to have a look/listen, especially the Busato.

Craig
  • Michael BauerMichael Bauer Chicago, ILProdigy Selmers, Busatos and more…oh my!
    Will do, Craig. The 30's Busato is being sold (What was I thinking?) but the new owner has given me permission to bring it for one last Django in June go-round. Denis used it for rhythm last year in the concerts. It got an amazing, and very unique voice, almost baritone in the treble world of gypsy jazz.

If you want an advanced listen, both guitars are featured in a video posted from last year of Joscho, Gustav and Denis playing "Mr. Sandman". there's a link on the forum somewhere, or you can find it on YouTube. My employer just blocked access to streaming video this week, so I can't get the link for you.
    I've never been a guitar player, but I've played one on stage.
  • adrianadrian AmsterdamVirtuoso
    If you want an advanced listen, both guitars are featured in a video posted from last year of Joscho, Gustav and Denis playing "Mr. Sandman". there's a link on the forum somewhere, or you can find it on YouTube.

I think this is it --

• Archtop EddyArchtop Eddy Manitou Springs, ColoradoModerator
    ... and the lefty Gustav is playing is my 1999 Shelley Park #26 :wink: AE
  • redbluesredblues ✭✭
    Django in June Fest looks great guys. Would have to miss Samois to get over but jeez it looks good. Some more 2011 videos please!! Hope it goes well
  • klaatuklaatu Nova ScotiaProdigy Rodrigo Shopis D'Artagnan, 1950s Jacques Castelluccia
    redblues wrote:
    Django in June Fest looks great guys. Would have to miss Samois to get over but jeez it looks good. Some more 2011 videos please!! Hope it goes well
    It is way beyond great, redblues!. I'm sure Samois is fabulous, and I hope to get there someday, but Django in June is an incredibly special event. Smaller and more intimate and a wonderful opportunity to connect with a whole bunch of people who are dedicated to Django and his music. It would be great if you could join us someday.
    Benny

"It's a great feeling to be dealing with material which is better than yourself, that you know you can never live up to."
    -- Orson Welles