DjangoBooks.com

The Rosenberg Trio & Friends live in Montreal : Videos !

2»

Comments

• ElliotElliot Madison, WisconsinNew
    redblues wrote:
    "Beyond the Sea (La Mer)" is the actual title of the tune you refer to listed by Fremaux. Pretty unambiguous as I read it.

Clair de Lune (not Debussy's Clair de Lune but the Clair de Lune that Elliot is too mad to listen to properly to realise it is not Debussy's Clair de Lune) is the title you're after.

Discussed here viewtopic.php?f=22&t=7470

1. Fremaux is not the original publisher, which might have some relevancy here,
    2. Using the same name for 2 different songs is obviously no problem in France,
    3. You missed my point entirely, soi let's move on.
  • DjuriDjuri New
    klaatu wrote:
    Could it be because they're playing Joseph Kosma's "Clair de Lune" and NOT Debussy's, that you recognize not much Debussy in it ? :roll:
    What do you know - I always assumed it was a Django original. Kozma also composed the music to "Les feuilles mortes" (Autumn Leaves), as well as a lot of music for the French cinema.

Thanks for having me check Kozma bio, even though im hungarian origin, did not know that Solti and Moholy Nagy were related to him

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joseph_Kosma
  • redbluesredblues ✭✭
    @Elliot
    1 yawn
    2 yawn
    3 You misspelled so in your madness
  • tacosandbeertacosandbeer ✭✭
    klaatu wrote:
    ...I was disappointed that Wayne Nakamura couldn't make it to do his usual fine job of recording the concert, so these are very welcome indeed.
    He recorded the Rosenberg Trio concert last year in Montreal and it hasn't come up on his site, so who is to say it would have made it to the public anyhow. Who is to say it wouldn't have. Perhaps last year's show will be available in the future.

And I agree with most of your review.
    "Without music, life would be a mistake." --Friedrich Nietzsche
  • ElliotElliot Madison, WisconsinNew
    redblues wrote:
    @Elliot
    1 yawn
    2 yawn
    3 You misspelled so in your madness

I'm melting! Melting! Oh, what a world! What a world! Who would have thought a good little girl like you could destroy my beautiful wickedness?
  • redbluesredblues ✭✭
    I'm melting! Melting! Oh, what a world! What a world! Who would have thought a good little girl like you could destroy my beautiful wickedness?
    lulz

Here is piece I think they nail quite tastefully, both of them.