DjangoBooks.com

Daniel Givone instructional books

13»

Comments

• Lango-DjangoLango-Django Niagara-On-The-Lake, ONModerator
    OK, the good news is that Michael has now created a space for us: "Daniel Givone Manouche Guitare Method Users Group" It's the bottom box in the Gypsy Jazz University secton.

The bad news is that we've already got tech issues--- I'm not allowed to post anything there!

Stay tuned!

Will
    Paul Cezanne: "I could paint for a thousand years without stopping and I would still feel as though I knew nothing."

Edgar Degas: "Only when he no longer knows what he is doing does the painter do good things.... To draw, you must close your eyes and sing."

Georges Braque: "In art there is only one thing that counts: the bit that can’t be explained."
  • mobreaumobreau U.K✭✭✭
    Thanks for your reply Will.. :D Looking forward to some more sweat and tears (most probably) :wink:
  • SpaloSpalo England✭✭✭✭ Manouche Guitars "Modele Jazz Moreno" No.116, 1980's Saga Blueridge "Macaferri 500", Maton 1960's Semi, Fender Telecaster, Aria FA65 Archtop
    Tell me, who's the handsome young chap on the front cover of the book?

SP
  • Lango-DjangoLango-Django Niagara-On-The-Lake, ONModerator
    I just checked the first page, and that handsome young fella on the cover is Etienne 'Sarane' Ferret, one of the famous Ferret brothers--- Django's contemporaries, competitors, and frequent accompanists.

Kinda scary when you think that a lot of the guys sitting behind Django pompe-ing away were also monster players in their own right!

Which reminds me... on a recent trip to Toronto, I chanced upon a used CD shop that was selling a used Django Reinhardt CD for $5--- and a used Joseph Reinhardt CD for $10---!

I bought both of CD's, to show respect to both brothers, but mainly due to the fact that for just this once in the history of the universe, Joseph was being ranked above Django!

But alas, the story has a sad ending, for when I got home and listened to Joseph's CD--- as much as I really, really wanted it to be great... well... there let's just say there was a reason why Nin-Nin wasn't as famous as his big brother!

But to be honest, I got a little 'humility' message from God in that CD, too--- because Joseph was still way better than ME!
    Paul Cezanne: "I could paint for a thousand years without stopping and I would still feel as though I knew nothing."

Edgar Degas: "Only when he no longer knows what he is doing does the painter do good things.... To draw, you must close your eyes and sing."

Georges Braque: "In art there is only one thing that counts: the bit that can’t be explained."