DjangoBooks.com

Djangofest NW 2011 -- so, how was it?

2»

Comments

• Tele295Tele295 San Buenaventura (Latcho Drom), CA✭✭✭ Gitane DG300, D500
    Where was the after-hours jam now that the Edge is gone?
    Jill Martini Soiree - Gypsy Swing & Cocktail Jazz
    http://www.jillmartinisoiree.com
  • Bob HoloBob Holo Moderator
    ... pub called "Mo's" down roughly where the Doghouse is. It's not as big, but there is some good and bad to that. The bad part is not being able to go out on the lawn out back and BS with people where it's quiet enough to talk without yelling - but the good part is that because it's not as big, it never gets as obnoxiously loud so you never really have to yell very loud even when you're inside... haha... so I guess it's just "different" ... really only room for one jam in there though, and not as big so you don't get those "20 guitar salute" type jams going there... which is just fine with me. If I never play another 24-minute rendition of "All of Me" I will still consider my life to have been complete at its denouement ;-) But still, I miss the scene that happened outside the Edgecliff - out at the picnic tables - small focused jams - open-air conversations under the stars... tough to beat that kind of mojo. Mo's is closer to humanity so if you spill out on to the streets and start jawing too loud or jamming, the neighbors (rightfully) get a little bent out of shape.
    You get one chance to enjoy this day, but if you're doing it right, that's enough.
  • patrus le sommelierpatrus le sommelier ✭✭✭✭
    319018_10150294448366315_577161314_8257447_687788083_n.jpg

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: