DjangoBooks.com

Django Birthday retreat with Andreas Oberg, Wash DC area

andoatagnandoatagn Northampton, MAProdigy
edited November 2005 in North America Posts: 134
Many of you have probably received word that Andreas Oberg's new book, Gypsy Fire, is being released soon by Djangobooks. I have been in touch with Andreas about doing a retreat in the Washington DC area around Django's birthday in mid-January to give us a chance to hang, play and work with him personally on the material. He would very much like to come, get to know folks and share what he has to offer. For those of you who have not met Andreas, he is a very nice, approachable person, speaks better English than most of youz, and has chops out the proverbial wazzoo.

To be honest, I am busy with other commitments right now and can only put so much time and energy into making this gathering happen, but I have let Andreas know that if I get the sense that there's sufficient interest to keep it manageable for me, I'll do the organizing. We need firm commitments from 15 people to go ahead.

So here are the particulars...The retreat would have to be the weekend of Jan 13-15, (the weekend before Django's birthday, but Andreas has other commitments.) It would be at one of my favorite places in that area, Claymont Court Mansion, which is a 350-acre retreat center in the Shenandoah Valley of West Virginia, located about 50 minutes from Washington's Dulles Airport. The cost of the retreat would range from $330 (shared room) to $390 (private room). Andreas would do four sessions over the course of the weekend... a short intro on friday evening, 2 two-hour sessions on Sat and 1 Sunday am. The retreat would wind down after lunch on Sunday.

I'm interested in hearing from people who think it more likely than not that they would attend this gathering. Again, if it looks like pulling together 15 people would not be a great challenge, terrific...I'll ask people to commit, we'll book him a flight and plan on a great GJ birthday bash. If I don't hear from enough folks, c'est la vie.

Please contact me off group at <!-- e --><a href="mailto:[email protected]">[email protected]</a><!-- e -->

Warm regards to all,

Andrew Lawrence