DjangoBooks.com

GJ Jam - Jersey City?

edited October 2011 in North America Posts: 1,231
I've been lucky enough to convince with a local artist to donate his show/studio space to host a GJ jam in Jersey City. I've gotten a chance to meet with a few guys local to me who post here and everyone has expressed an interest in getting together for an all level jam. The issue has always been space and that hurdle appears to have been surpassed.

I was figuring that Jersey City is a nice middle point between NJ and NYC and is very accessible to NYC folks via the efficient PATH system. For NJ folks, there should be plenty of parking. I'd be leaning towards a Saturday or Sunday afternoon and we can see how it goes from there. Again, this would be all levels with a pretty standard catalog of tunes. If you are interested, let me know. If it works out and we treat the space with respect, it could work out to a nice regular thing.

You can either post here or send me a message at jimkaznoskyATgmailDOTcom.

Thanks.

Comments

• HCQHCQ Northeast NJ✭✭✭
    Great! Sunday afternoons seem best for me.

Thanks,
    HCQ
  • Got it. I'll do what I can to work with anyone who may be interested.
  • Looks like this is happening Sunday 10/23 from 2-5pm in Jersey City. Open, all levels, any instrument, strictly GJ.

Contact me via PM if you are interested in coming. As I've said, we'd be doing this at my friend's studio and I don't want to post his address on an open forum, but am willing to give it to anyone who wants to come play. Mike may get inspired to paint while we are there, which is actually pretty cool. If this works out, we can make this a regularly occurring event.

Bring: Guitars, charts, extra strings...there is a music store on route from the PATH that stocks Argies and will have some Primetones. BYOB.
    Don't bring: Amps

I'l see if I can get some chairs from my regular gig, so I'll need to know in advance if you think you might come. Thanks,

Jim
  • HCQHCQ Northeast NJ✭✭✭
    PM sent.
    HCQ
  • Cool. Thanks, Sol.

Anyone else: if you are local and feel like coming down this Sunday, send me your email address via PM and I will shoot you over the details.

Thanks, see you then.
  • Pushing this one last time. If you'd like to come, shoot me a PM, and I'll forward the address and pertinent information. We have a bunch of good local players coming and its looking to be a good time.
  • rob.cuellarirob.cuellari ✭✭✭✭
    i've been pretty busy lately, but i should be available in the future. i live in newark, but also i practice with two other guys weekly (guitar and bass). you may have spoken with the other guitarist, alex.

anyway, shoot me an email if you're interested, or just have another opportunity to jam. i just saw this tonight (7:30) and am pretty swamped with work, but thought i'd take a break and catch up on the forums.

-rob
  • Thanks, Rob. Looks like we can do this monthly at the space my buddy works out of. It is centrally located, has plenty of parking, and has good amenities within walking distance. I'll shoot you a PM and add you to the mailing list.

Anyone else is welcome. Because it is a private studio, I'm not posting the address on the public forum, but anyone who wants to play is welcome. Just PM me and I'll send you the details.