DjangoBooks.com

George Cordoba?

13»

Comments

That's the most bearclawish bear claw spruce top I've ever seen!

Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel
  • spatzospatzo Virtuoso
    edited January 2020 Posts: 768

There is an article in the french magazine "Jazz Hot" indicating that George Cordoba has played in a jam session at the end of a concert dated 31 March 1945 at the Ecole Normale in Paris.

The musicians that played with George Cordoba (g) in the jam were Robert Mavounzy (ts) and Jacky Vermont (tp), jean Fourmanoir (ts), Georges Kennedy (as), Hubert Rostaing (cl), Emil Stern (p), Guy (probably Jean-jacques) Tilché (g), Lucien Simoens (b), Arthur Motta (dms)

He probably met Django in those same days

Buco
  • WayneSWayneS New

In the 70s, I was living in Hollywood, and George was a next door neighbor and we became friends. I was working at home on a film edit job. As the heat of the LA sun peaked at noon, George would knock at my door with his guitar and a bottle of Tequila. I'd provide the salt and limes and we'd go out under my tree in my back yard and after a few shots, he's sit and play for me for about two hours, until the day cooled off a bit. Then he's head back home. At the time he was playing clubs around Hollywood, He had told me of playing with Xavier Cougat. I count myself very lucky. Now I want to create a Wikipedia page about him, he certainly deserves one. Any help would be apprec

PassacagliaBucobillyshakesBillDaCostaWilliams
  • billyshakesbillyshakes NoVA✭✭✭ Park Avance - Dupont Nomade - Dupont DM-50E

Now I want to create a Wikipedia page about him, he certainly deserves one. Any help would be apprec

I think that is a fantastic idea. I've edited before but never created a page from whole cloth. Probably find a short article with a format you like (e.g. Raphael Fays) and then copy the text/code. Create a new page and paste that code in and edit it.

The writeup from the back of the album that A.E. shared above is pretty impressive. Soldier during the Battle of the Bulge. Played guitar during the siege on Bastogne by the Germans. The amazon link below has a photo image that can be read. Not sure if they will allow that as a source. Else, copy the image and post it to discogs. They accept links from there.

https://www.amazon.com/shades-django-LP-GEORGE-CORDOBA/dp/B004TEIJ74

PassacagliaBucoBillDaCostaWilliams