DjangoBooks.com

What's your setup and doubling

2»

Comments

• GerrySaxGerrySax New
    Hi Jazzaferri, I think I saw late last night in an old post that you were playing a Solstice? Did you switch or was I just dreaming?? (I have mouthpieces on the brain at the moment..)
  • edited December 2015 Posts: 3,707
    Yes @GerrySax I switched. I was lucky in Tenor and found the right mouthpiece fairly quickly (on number 5). Still searching on alto after 8.

Brian Powell refaced and slightly worked my Selmer Jazz by opening the tip out as much as he dared without changing it fundamentally. Close but not as flexible as I want.

Have two PPT's on the way for a tryout
    The Magic really starts to happen when you can play it with your eyes closed
  • GerrySaxGerrySax New
    I've tried a bunch recently and the one that stood out was a Navarro Maestra 6. I can get the soft rich sound I was looking for but it also has plenty of power for some of the stuff I do. (Eg lead in a band of 25 saxes)! Taken me a week so far to to get used to it and I'm not there yet, but I like it a lot. Still haven't tried a Solstice as they're hard to get hold of here.