DjangoBooks.com

Django in June Live Jam Video

Archtop EddyArchtop Eddy Manitou Springs, ColoradoModerator
edited November 2011 in Archtop Eddy's Corner Posts: 589
Sorry it took so long for me to post this but here it is -- a hallway jam session at Django in June with Olivier Kikteff, Jeff Radaich and Yannick Alcocer. Eric Lavergne's holding down the rhythm. Hope you dig it! AE

Comments

• arjrarjr ✭✭✭
    Awesome video, one of the best jam videos I've seen!!!

Can't wait to go back :P

Angelo
  • PhilPhil Portland, ORModerator Anastasio
    right on Ed! Nice to hear Jeff playing some lead-he sounds great.
  • klaatuklaatu Nova ScotiaProdigy Rodrigo Shopis D'Artagnan, 1950s Jacques Castelluccia
    Phil wrote:
    right on Ed! Nice to hear Jeff playing some lead-he sounds great.
    Yeah, it's interesting that Jeff and Yannick are assigned rhythm responsibilities in their respective bands but are both highly capable soloists as well.
    Benny

"It's a great feeling to be dealing with material which is better than yourself, that you know you can never live up to."
    -- Orson Welles
  • Bob HoloBob Holo Moderator
    Hope you dig it! AE

We dig it man, we dig it bigtime. Thanks for posting it.

... hope this is not thread-jacking... but... I can offer another vid... not a DJIJ jam, but of Jeff. I've been looking for good vids of Jeff for the website (yes, the mythical website, it's under development...lol... but you'd rather have me spending time with chisels than keyboards, right?)

Anyway - in the search, I came across this vid of the GBQ. Jeff is off camera, so I probably won't use it on the website, but this is a wonderful vid of GBQ & the audio quality is superb if you put it on HD and strap on some nice headphones. If you haven't been able to get to a town where these guys are playing - put this up on the home theater... it's as close to being "there" as you're going to get until you get a ticket to a show. Well... and get the Throckmorton video... also superb and longer than just one song... and because the Throckmorton DVD used a soundboard audio feed, the cameraman was able to move & vid the whole band & etc. With a point & shoot mic this guy had to get close & keep the camera pointed in the same place to keep a consistent soundfield. Beautiful work though - both from the musicians and the guy who recorded it. Enjoy.

You get one chance to enjoy this day, but if you're doing it right, that's enough.
  • Archtop EddyArchtop Eddy Manitou Springs, ColoradoModerator
    Beautiful, soulful performance. Thanks Bob for sharing that with us! AE
  • Dario NapoliDario Napoli Milano✭✭✭✭ Hahl Gitano Deluxe
    Great stuff, thanks!!