DjangoBooks.com

Cool Danube sextuplet lick

stublastubla Prodigy Godefroy Maruejouls
edited November 2011 in CD, DVD, and Concert Reviews Posts: 386
I know any topic with the word 'sex' would get some interest:-)
Here's the 1st of a few lick lessons that i originally did for a few of my 'pote's on the French Manoucheries Forum.
Its a cool sextuplet(6 note) lick i stole from Chopin or Michael Brecker maybe.Let me know if you like it and i'll post more.Works great over E7 for example.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2PIBQ3FO9c8

The Tab for the lick is in the info box below the video.

Works great over that sustained E7 in Danube here @ 1 min 23secs---

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZbmMceAe ... re=related

Played on my sadly now ex guitar.... so au revoir my loyal friend,i know you'll enjoy your new life in Canada.
Stu

Comments

• klaatuklaatu Nova ScotiaProdigy Rodrigo Shopis D'Artagnan, 1950s Jacques Castelluccia
    Stu,

Where in Canada did it go?
    Benny

"It's a great feeling to be dealing with material which is better than yourself, that you know you can never live up to."
    -- Orson Welles
  • stublastubla Prodigy Godefroy Maruejouls
    klaatu wrote:
    Stu,

Not sure i'm at liberty to say just right now--but i know you Canadians are tres cool re this Music:-)
  • Archtop EddyArchtop Eddy Manitou Springs, ColoradoModerator
    Thanks Stu for the cool lick. By all means, please post more! AE
  • klaatuklaatu Nova ScotiaProdigy Rodrigo Shopis D'Artagnan, 1950s Jacques Castelluccia
    stubla wrote:
    klaatu wrote:
    Stu,

Not sure i'm at liberty to say just right now--but i know you Canadians are tres cool re this Music:-)
    Not asking to identify the new owner, just a city would do (although perhaps there's a hint in your response; if that's the case, then c'est assez! ).
    Benny

"It's a great feeling to be dealing with material which is better than yourself, that you know you can never live up to."
    -- Orson Welles
  • neillneill portland ,englandNew
    i love that lick! a similar one is played by mayo hubert on 'some of these days ' on tchavolo's lautcha.. nice. :D
  • Dario NapoliDario Napoli Milano✭✭✭✭ Hahl Gitano Deluxe
    Very cool lick man!
  • JonJon melbourne, australiaProdigy Dupont MD50B, '79 Favino
  • stublastubla Prodigy Godefroy Maruejouls
    neill wrote:
    i love that lick! a similar one is played by mayo hubert on 'some of these days ' on tchavolo's lautcha.. nice. :D

I love Mayo when he's in the zone--great player-has such a great touch--and thats what its all about.