DjangoBooks.com

Inlays : On or Off?

Comments

• pippypippy New
    edited December 2011 Posts: 12
    Ha!

Thanks for the offer, Ben!

I'll keep you posted!

I'm enjoying the site and look forward to spending more time here as circumstances allow. Naturally things are a bit busy over the Yule-tide but my G-J odyssey will be a long and, I suspect, slow one!

It's funny/peculiar seeing so many references to the Rosenberg Trio; a forum member on a different site introduced me to their music just a couple of months ago!

I live in London, England so the opportunities for attending some of the wonderful festivals you have in the States are a bit academic but I'm sure there is something going on here, too; I just have to find out where!

Thanks again, all, and best wishes to you for the Yule-tide and a Happy New Year when it arrives!

Philip.
  • fraterfrater Prodigy
    See here what your guitar can do and, yes, I suspect we have some festivals in Europe worth looking for... :-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zm4CiJ-EaRI
  • pippypippy New
    Crikey, frater!

What a player!

And from the link you posted I then clicked on this one!...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BsLBc0SW ... creen&NR=1

:shock:

It might be a week or two before I'm able to HEAR what he played never mind duplicate it!

Perhaps I'll get out the paper-and-comb after all...........

LOL!

Philip.
  • klaatuklaatu Nova ScotiaProdigy Rodrigo Shopis D'Artagnan, 1950s Jacques Castelluccia
    Philip, I was just reading your posts on the Gibson forum. If you do decide to put the diamond inlays back in, please DON'T go with a 9th fret marker. Yes, the 10th fret marker is confusing at first if you're not used to it, but it's the standard on gypsy guitars. 10 actually makes a lot more sense than 9, and you can get used to it. I made the switch years ago and would never go back. By putting it at 9 you might reduce the value of the guitar should you ever decide to sell it. It would be very difficult for someone to move such a large marker without leaving an obvious trace behind. It would be better to leave the guitar as is, and if you do eventually sell it, let the new owner have the inlays.
    Benny

"It's a great feeling to be dealing with material which is better than yourself, that you know you can never live up to."
    -- Orson Welles
  • Michael BauerMichael Bauer Chicago, ILProdigy Selmers, Busatos and more…oh my!
    I agree with everything Benny just said. 10th fret = good! 9th fret = bad...and it will devalue the guitar!
    I've never been a guitar player, but I've played one on stage.
  • klaatuklaatu Nova ScotiaProdigy Rodrigo Shopis D'Artagnan, 1950s Jacques Castelluccia
    Philip, listen to Michael, he knows whereof he speaks!
    Benny

"It's a great feeling to be dealing with material which is better than yourself, that you know you can never live up to."
    -- Orson Welles
    And Michael, what the hell are you doing browsing Djangobooks on Christmas Day???

Oh ... probably the same thing I'm doing. Killing time until the turkey comes out of the oven.
    Benny

-- Orson Welles
  • Michael BauerMichael Bauer Chicago, ILProdigy Selmers, Busatos and more…oh my!
    Yes, Benny. Just Lisa and I this year, so it's been a quiet day.
    I've never been a guitar player, but I've played one on stage.
    Same here, just Debbie and I, quiet and kind of nice.

Merry Christmas, my bro.
    Benny

-- Orson Welles
  • BobBob New
    This is a useful site for Gypsy Guitar fans in the UK.

http://www.gypsyjazz.co.uk/

Your guitar looks wonderful by the way!.

Bob