DjangoBooks.com

Worth buying a guitar online?

2»

Comments

• StringswingerStringswinger Santa Cruz and San Francisco, CA✭✭✭✭ 1993 Dupont MD-20, Shelley Park Encore

Some important info for those thinking of buying a private party guitar online through Reverb or EBay: Both now charge sales tax (at the rate that your home state charges, so add that to your total cost. That could easily eat up your "private party" savings (and then some). With the risks involved in private party sales, your best bet might be buying from a reputable dealer like Michael.

And do not count on Paypal's guarantee. They can leave you hanging, and the cost of litigating your case will probably be prohibitive.

It is a minefield out there, Caveat Emptor......

andrujonpowlMichaelHorowitzJHAnchors
    "When the chord changes, you should change" Joe Pass
  • JHAnchorsJHAnchors Austin, Texas New Eastman DM-1-CLA

I just bought an Eastman DM-1-CLA from Michael and couldn’t be happier with the service and guitar!

andrumac63000MichaelHorowitz
  • Is it possible to buy online from Starbucks, I mean Guitar Center, have it shipped to your local store, try it out for 45 days and then return it under their 45 DAY SATISFACTION GUARANTEE ? I don't mean intentionally using them to just try out a bunch of guitars with no intention of keeping them, but it seems like a nice perk that, if you have your heart set on a specific guitar you can buy it, try it, and if necessary return it.

The McDonalds, I mean Guitar Center in Greensboro seems to have a Gitane DG-255 on sale now. https://www.guitarcenter.com/Used/Gitane/DG-255-Acoustic-Guitar.gc?rNtt=gitane&index=1

andru