DjangoBooks.com

Stephane Wrembel on NPR Today

jonpowljonpowl Hercules, CA✭✭✭ Dupont MD-100, Altamira M01F
in North America Posts: 705

Stephane Wrembel chats with Terry Gross and plays some Gypsy Jazz today on NPR's Fresh Air.

mac63000geese_comBucoBillDaCostaWilliamsvanmalmsteenbillyshakesJSanta

Comments

• mac63000mac63000 Tacoma, WANew Geronimo Mateos Jazz B

Finally had the chance to listen today after work. Great stuff. Queue a bunch of people "discovering this great thing called gypsy jazz"... The next popular quarantine challenge ?

billyshakes

When you get interviewed by Terry Gross and put on Fresh Air you know you truly made it. You can yell "top of the world ma!"

mac63000billyshakes
    Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel
  • JSantaJSanta NY✭✭✭ Dupont, Gaffiero, AJL

If anyone hasn't caught them yet, today is the last of 10 Facebook sessions of Stephane breaking down the songs from his newest record L'Impressionniste. He does a 12pm EST session in French, and then another at 3pm EST in English. He's also offering Skype lessons, which I started about a month ago. He's a great teacher, but he doesn't mess around. I really lack many fundamental guitar skills, and because of his style of teaching, I've gained tremendous ground and actually have practiced more in the past 5 weeks than I ever have.