DjangoBooks.com

Wrench size for Paris Swing GG-42 Gypsy Jazz Guitar truss ?

I own the Paris Swing GG-42 Gypsy Jazz Guitar, and I was wondering wrench size, for the truss, can I use, 5mm?

Tagged:

Comments

• haisamidohaisamido New

I figured it out. It's 4mm

• zvonezvone New

Hi! How does the guitar sound? How responsive is it?

• vanmalmsteenvanmalmsteen Diamond Springs ,CANew Latch Drom F, Eastman DM2v, Altamira m30d , Altimira Mod M

I have one. It’s pretty decent for the $400 that I paid used. I’ve heard that they don’t make them anymore. It’s what I would label as “overbuilt “ so....not super responsive. That being said, the Favino dimensions give it a full sound. As with my other Paris Swimg guitar it is lacking in the volume department. I like the Paris swing guitars better than the Gitane though (I’ve had a few). The Paris have a bit more of a legitimate gypsy tone, though as I said, they aren’t very loud

zvone
  • vanmalmsteenvanmalmsteen Diamond Springs ,CANew Latch Drom F, Eastman DM2v, Altamira m30d , Altimira Mod M
    edited May 2020 Posts: 337

Just pulled it off the wall real quick play the dust off it, probably should’ve tuned it lol

Bucozvone
  • zvonezvone New

Thanks for the info and video! What gauge strings do you use and how high is the action?

edited May 2020 Posts: 337

Using 10s, action is too low now really, frets out up high. It would sound a lot better if the action or a little higher. Oh yeah, also the neck is B I G. That’s why I don’t want to raise the action up, make it even harder to play, and the neck profile has really big ‘shoulders’. On the cool side, it has that awesome Favino neck with the rosewood inserts! To be honest, pulling it off the wall just now that’s the first time I’ve played it in almost 2 years, and I’ve got to say it’s pretty decent! Didn’t remember it that way

zvone