DjangoBooks.com

Quarantine Jam/Fundraiser for Manouche musicians in need

anthon_74anthon_74 Marin county, CA✭✭✭✭ Alta Mira M 01
in North America Posts: 561

Hi friends,

Some of the hardest hit financially by the COVID 19 pandemic are many of yours and my favorite modern Gypsy Jazz stars. Many of them make money only when performing, and are now unable to support themselves. 

I will be giving all funds to Dennis Chang to distribute as needed among the many great musicians he has toured with over the years. Along with this campaign, I will be releasing a series of videos of a Gypsy Jazz quarantine Jam, with several great players who are helping with this project. 

Gypsy Jazz Quarantine video #1: Coquette (featuring Anthony Parker, Christine Tassan, Michael Nikolidakis, Michael Joseph Harris, Ray Bergstrom, Mick Faucheur, and Cyndi Rice Elliott - https://youtu.be/KCT6mEYEhjI

Here is the link to the Gofundme page to contribute to the fundraiser - https://www.gofundme.com/f/Top-Gypsy-jazz-musicians-need-our-help

Thanks!

rudolfochristdjazzyPassacaglia

Comments

• djazzydjazzy New Riccardo Mordeglia, AJL

Hi all,

I know these are tough times for everyone but I think it is important we continue to support the musicians who have made our ‘gypsy jazz’ community possible. I don’t know the organizer of this particular effort but Denis Chang is a friend & is at the helm of distributing the funds.

I'd like to bump this thread.

Passacaglia
  • PassacagliaPassacaglia Madison, WI✭✭✭✭

Thank you anthon and djazzy. And Denis, if you read this, for managing the funds.

-Paul

pas encore, j'erre toujours.