DjangoBooks.com

Holo truss rod nut just fall, what should I do?

max79max79 New
in Classifieds Posts: 1

Hi all,

I was just walking with my guitar in a case and heard a strange noise like something is falling inside my guitar. This nut just got away from the truss rod hole (image). It seems difficult to put it back by myself, just wanted to know who I could go see to fix that (I can go to Paris, but not sure who I could contact for fixing this), if also you got this problem before. I never touched the truss rod but I guess that it went away cause it was totally relaxed (hence anticlockwise) but I am not really sure.

Thanks in advance guys for any help on this matter!

cheers

max

Comments

• mikegnikmikegnik Southern NJ, Philly✭✭ Bumgarner #47, 50’s Castelluccia round hole

Looks like a truss rod tool was left behind last time it was adjusted. I’d say fish it out with a magnet and call it a day

• JoseJose Minneapolis New DuPont MD 50

why Don’t you just ask Bob Holo?

• Pompe_ojisanPompe_ojisan Tokyo✭✭ Rino van Hooijdonk

Rather than a tool, this looks more like the end of the truss rod itself to me.

I guess the main question is, is that something benign that can happen, and it's ok to just try screwing it back into place (which may or may not be easy depending on the geometry of the guitar). Or is this is something that requires a luthier's attention.

I would expect @MichaelHorowitz, @Bob Holo, or any builder on the forum should be able to advise?

• BonesBones Moderator

Yeah that's the truss rod nut. If you don't have the skills/wrench, find a luthier in your area who can work on GJ guitars. You should always have at least just a little preload on the truss rod for that reason and so it doesn't rattle in it's slot.

DO NOT OVER TIGHTEN IT THOUGH. A LITTLE GOES A LONG WAY.

I think your guitar is junk now. If you give it to me I'll put the $$$$$ needed to somehow restore it. Might be a lost cause. ;)

jonpowlvanmalmsteenmac63000
  • juandererjuanderer New ALD Original, Manouche Latcho Drom Djangology Koa, Caro y Topete AR 740 O