DjangoBooks.com

Midwest Gypsy Swing Fest?

Hey guys! Does anyone know if the Midwest Gypsy Swing Fest is going to be held in Wisconsin on September 11th and 12th? I have reached out with emails and gotten no response. No updates on the website either. Only 6 hours from my house so I was going to go down, get a hotel and make a splendid holiday of it. Any updates greatly appreciated.

Comments

• billyshakesbillyshakes NoVA✭✭✭ Park Avance - Dupont Nomade - Dupont DM-50E

If it isn't the same contact, you might try to reach out to Sims @ Harmonious Wail. I think they are the ones who put it on, or at least have a strong role. My initial guess would have been no just like all the other festivals. That said, Wisconsin has been quite "Foreward" in opening up, with their Supreme Court striking down measures to maintain the stay-at-home executive order of the governor. They might try to do something at some small to medium scale.

• geese_comgeese_com Madison, WINew 503

I haven't heard anything from Sims about it yet. It is not cancelled yet but I would guess that it probably will end up getting cancelled.

• PassacagliaPassacaglia Madison, WI✭✭✭✭

I heard back from Sims. He's pretty certain it will be a virtual fest on the order of what they're doing now every Friday. It would take place at "Harmonious Wail World Headquarters" as the Barn has no internet access. They still need to get in touch with artists, so it's still TBD.

geese_commatthewkanisbillyshakesBuco
    -Paul

pas encore, j'erre toujours.