DjangoBooks.com

Meyers Feather Pickups

jonpowljonpowl Hercules, CA✭✭✭ Dupont MD-100, Altamira M01F

While I was trying to get an idea of the final price of Darius' Dupont Vieille Reserve on Reverb, I happened to see an ad for the Meyers Feather Pickup System. For some reason, Cigano was included in the description. Even though I have never heard one, I was impressed with the looks and price. It appears to come with a few mounting methods, and the preamp has an included belt clip. I wouldn't be surprised if the bluegrass players use Meyers pickups. Has anybody tried them?

Comments

I wrote an embarrassing amount about it on the forum, if you lookup Myers Mic you'll see a bunch, I think mostly from me and @bopster . In short it worked well for me but got replaced with Manouche Mic, better sound and much more convenient. But it was the convenience factor that pushed me to start looking at the Manouche Mic, I was never unhappy with Myers.

Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel
  • bopsterbopster St. Louis, MOProdigy Wide Sky PL-1, 1940? French mystery guitar, ‘37 L-4

Recorded with the Myers mic. You can see it mounted near the soundhole. This is at a loud dance, so what you hear is the amplified sound.

BucobillyshakesBillDaCostaWilliamsMehran s
  • edited July 2020 Posts: 4,730

That was nice! I don't have anything with as nice of a live mix, and playing, this is the closest thing to decent, guitar solo at 2:10 (I used Myer's Mic at this time too)

billyshakesBillDaCostaWilliams
    Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel